Archived on 6/5/2022

Tree crashed into house on Woolstone Road

ForestHull
2 Jul '21

Looks like one of the Plane trees was rotten and fell into a house this morning, smashing through an upper window. It’s being quickly tidied up, and thankfully I hear no one was hurt.

I do hope the other trees are in better condition :frowning:

ForestHull
2 Jul '21

Sherwood
2 Jul '21

I have walked past this tree several times recently and had no idea anything was wrong.

Rosered
5 Jul '21

I didn’t think there was anything wrong with them either! Mind you the huge ash tree in my garden that I had removed last year looked fine but had ash die back.

I assume the plane trees are council responsibility- presumably they should now check the others. And repair the damage to the house!

Sherwood
5 Jul '21

They definitely need to check the other trees.

marymck
5 Jul '21

I wonder if there’s been any cable laying by comms companies or similar? The pavement looks a little darned.

Or maybe just that the ground is so compacted? Many of our larger street trees were planted before roads were hard surfaced.

Sherwood
5 Jul '21

It looked to me as if the tree had raised and damaged some of the pavement as it fell over.
I don’t think there has been cable laying in this road recently. But you are right sometimes they cut through the tree roots.