Archived on 6/5/2022

Trespassing and stolen goods

Hikoki
6 May '18

We are on Wyleu Street finishing up construction, but have realised that there have been most likely been at least 2 occasions where somebody (potentially a child/kid) that has entered into our property and from what we can see, have gone into the front room and looked through drawers. We have a few small items missing, soft hamburger CD/DVD case with our kids dvd’s/cd’s and random toy items.

Must’ve been when we just weren’t looking as always home and always builders here…so a bit creepy.

Not sure what can be done really, but just an awareness to all really. I suppose it’s not “breaking” in…We are thinking a kid/child as the missing goods don’t stack up to an adult, but who knows…

Pauline
6 May '18

Sorry to hear this, it does sound like a kid has taken them from what you have said which is quite unsettling.

Is it possible your own kid or someone else may have moved them, or are they definitely gone?

I agree, it doesn’t sound like an adult or even a teenager could have done this as it’s kids DVD’s they would have no use for.

Have you made the police aware of this @SgtBiddle

Hikoki
6 May '18

Hi,

Yes, have gotten a police report, definitely not our kid and we’ve looked everywhere and that’s when we realised afterwards that when we noticed something was missing, that was perhaps the 1st instance. We then began to think back and start noticing that certain things were odd, as we were too naive that something like this would’ve happened…

There are definitely a couple items that were “touched” so I think forensics might make use of that so we are waiting for a callback on these.

Pauline
6 May '18

Wish you the best of luck & hope the police find out who done this.

It’s really horrible to think you have been violated in your own home.

All the best

jrothlis
8 May '18

Need to get a camera ASAP.