Archived on 6/5/2022

Trying to find a Japanese teacher or speaker to practice with

JCA
3 Sep '18

Hello,

I am trying to find a Japanese teacher or a native Japanese speaker in the Forest Hill area who would like to teach or help me practice my Japanese. I am a beginner but have a basic understanding of grammar and vocabulary and can also read hiragana, katakana and some basic kanji.

If there is anyone out there who could help that would be great! Or if there are other people in FH who would like to learn Japanese too we could perhaps all get together to create a group.

Thanks,

Jemima

Kaz
6 Sep '18

Hello,

Lovely to hear that! I’m a Japanese teacher in Honor Oak Park. I would’ve love to help you if you are available during day on Tuesdays or Fridays - sorry no evening lessons at the moment.

I’ve been thinking of organising small group lessons and started GCSE Japanese class in Forest Hill, hopefully adult class in the future.

I would recommend Japan Foundation’s website to find a native tutor. Tutor recruiting sites such as TutorHunt, Tutoful etc might be useful too. I’ve seen a post someone looking for Japanese tutor on Crystal Palace FB board.

Kaz

JCA
6 Sep '18

Hello Kaz,

Thanks you for getting back to me.

I’m afraid I work Monday - Friday and don’t get back to FH until about 6.30PM each evening. Let me know if you start to tutor in the evenings or weekend or if you set up small group lessons as I’d definitely be interested.

I’ve also found italki to be really useful!

Thanks,

Jemima