Archived on 6/5/2022

Two gorgeous cats looking for loving home

Sofia
9 May '17

Hi!
I’m moving to a different country so I’m looking for a loving home for my two cats Chickpea and Pickle.

They’re half brother and sister (same dad, different mum). They are British Shorthair. Their parents were pedigree and they were brought up by a proper breeder but I don’t have any pedigree documentation for them.

They are both 3 years, 7 months old. I’ve had them since they were kittens and they’re spayed and neutered, and have had all their vaccines.

Pickle and Chickpea have fantastic personalities, as well as being super cute. Pickle loves to be cuddled and he regularly rolls on his back to get his belly rubbed. Chickpea likes to lick your fingers. They are both very friendly, they liked to be stroked, they even let me carry them. BSH are not usually lap cats but Pickle will come and snuggle next to you when you’re watching TV or having a nap.

They’ve always been indoor cats although I have a large terrace and they do enjoy spending time outside chasing flies and bugs.

They’re not fussy eaters, I give them a mix of wet and dry food, but they can gain weight easily so I weigh their food to make sure they’re not eating too much.

I want to make sure they find a loving home so I would like to come and meet you and see your home before agreeing to give them away. They are not street-wise so I am looking for someone who will keep them indoors or with access to a secure outdoor area. I would like them to go to a home together, as they’ve lived together their whole lives, and preferably a home without other cats and dogs, as I’m not sure how they’ll like it.

I have all the necessary cat accessories (including electric cat feeders and two cat trees if you like!) which I’m more than happy to give to their new parents.

If you are interested please send me a message telling me about yourself, your home, whether you’ve had pets before, and anything else you want to ad.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Please see link with photos:

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/116539474

starman
9 May '17

Sofia… so sorry you have to give up these darlings. The photos are wonderful. My two wouldn’t be happy but I hope you find them an excellent new forever home.

anon5422159
9 May '17

I know Sofia and her cats - and they are absolutely adorable - so sad she has to give them up for adoption. Whoever gives them a new home is very lucky indeed.

Einat
9 May '17

Hi there, do your cats have experience with children? We’d be interested but have a toddler at home so I’d like to check this before we proceed any further. Thanks x

Sofia
9 May '17

Thank you Starman!

Sofia
9 May '17

Hi Einat
Thanks for your message. No, I’m afraid they don’t have experience of dealing with toddlers.

Simon_Turpin
9 May '17

Hi Sofia,
I live in Honor Oak and spotted your advert on the forum. I’ve just signed up to be able to send you a message, but in the meantime I wanted to get in touch to say that my partner and I would be interested in rehoming your cats and would love to talk to you a bit more about it. As soon as my membership of the forum is validated I’ll be in touch with more information about us and my contact details.
Thanks, Simon

anon5422159
9 May '17

Welcome to the forum @Simon_Turpin. I have enabled private messaging for you so you can contact Sofia.

AndyS
9 May '17

“Yes. Plus references, OFSTED reports and DAB certificates.”

:joy:

(Sorry. Shouldn’t laugh at my own jokes.)

Einat
9 May '17

That’s a pretty good response, feel free to laugh :slight_smile: