Archived on 6/5/2022

Unplated black and white Honda SH 300i reported to 101 this morning

Scorpion
28 Feb '17

My son and I reported an unattended, unplated Honda SH 300i Black and White bike (?moped) to 101 this morning, that we passed about halfway down the alleyway between Shackleton Close/Derby Hill Crescent and the London Road…
It looked in really good condition (apart from the visor missing and no number plates at all)so we feel it had been stolen to use for “bad deeds” and then dumped to maybe get rid of or to use later. We reported it approx. 08:30am today.
Hoping that the owner will get it back soon :slight_smile:

Regards
Sue

Scorpion
28 Feb '17

sorry, forgot to add that it had a storage box on the back and I took some photos so if you don’t have any luck locating it via the police, I could forward the photos if needed.

Spark6
1 Mar '17

Yeh i saw this one the other day now its gone, there are a lot of stolen bikes being stored around here only to be picked up later i always report it.

Spark6
1 Mar '17

Actually i saw this one by a tree outside the flats near creative stars nursery on the way to eliot bank school.

anon5422159
1 Mar '17

The little scallywags came to pick up a stored stolen bike right outside my house last year. Scarpered when I caught them on camera!

Moto_Hodder
6 Mar '17

Technically, anything with an engine size over 50cc is a motorcycle with the body type of the Honda SH300i being a scooter.

On a more serious point, motorcycle theft and motorcycle-enabled crime (the two are unsurprisingly related) is growing rapidly in London. Anything people can do to make the job harder the thieves by reporting stolen vehicles is much appreciated. One thing I like to do is to let down the tyres - it disables the vehicle without doing any real damage and a scooter with no number plate shouldn’t be riding off anywhere anyway.

Londondrz
6 Mar '17

That is a bloody good idea.