Unsubstantiated Rumour: Pret A Manger coming to Forest Hill

Hi everyone, I have heard rumours that Pret A Manger are moving into FH at long last. Has anybody got any details about where and when they will be popping up? Looking forward to a can of Detox Yoga Bunny and some Cranberries In Coats on my morning FH commute! :crossed_fingers:t3::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

yuck! no thanks. they’re ten a penny round the town. buy local

4 Likes

Er, pass!

1 Like

I love Aga’s Deli as much as the next FH resident, but I’m sure you would enjoy the guilty pleasure of a piping hot Macaroni Cheese Kale & Cauli washed down with a Pumpkin Spice Latte if the opportunity arose. Plus giving local FH residents much needed job opportunities? :sandwich::woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’d be quite happy with it myself should it come to fruition. It would be hard to see it not taking some trade from existing businesses though.

2 Likes

That’s an awful lot of rumour going around. What’s your sources? Certainly there’s no change of use application for the WH Smith/Post Office site.

1 Like

Hey… I’d love a weekend Christmas Pret sandwich as much as the rest… but the loss of our Post Office along with it’s various financial services would be a disaster for many in Forest Hill particularly many local businesses. It being the last place in the area to offer any type of banking service.

Pret Yes. Loss of Post Office. Disaster.

9 Likes

I love Pret but love our local independent cafes more.

4 Likes

Perhaps we could get Detox Yoga Bunny stocked at Aga’s Deli? Win win in my book :thinking:

1 Like

WHSmith too?

Pumpkin spice latte is a thing?

It’s a trend.

1 Like

No thank you! I prefer to buy from local . It is even rare I go to Costa… i prefer to buy fresh made food instead than pre packet ones and pay more! Good only for job opportunity

2 Likes

Costa does serve miserable packet food. On the other hand, Pret tends to have on-site kitchens, so their food is fresher.

2 Likes

The loss of the post office and WH Smith would be terrible for Forest Hill.

6 Likes

Pret doesn’t need change of use

Locals cafes uses much fresh food and less plastic… Pret is too expensive for what they sell. No thank you. I support the local places and community. Not big name places…

While the Pret Twitter account is neither confirming or denying this rumour, I think it would be cool if they (or someone else) could do something like at Denmark Hill and have street access one side and access from Forest Hill Station platform on the other.

Doesn’t On the Hoof already effectively achieve that for coffees, teas, soft drinks and some food?

2 Likes

They do well out of their small huts, but I don’t think it is particularly effective and I’m sorry but I’m not a fan of their coffee.

That said I doubt anyone would be ambitious or inspired enough to actually try and make such dual-counter setup :slight_smile:

2 Likes