Archived on 6/5/2022

Update 23rd Feb: Trains running again

SE23.life
23 Feb '17
Londondrz
23 Feb '17

Just driven back from Croydon, part closure of the main road and tram line due to bits of building falling down close to Lunar House, tree down on Sydenham Rise and many many many wheelie bins, advertising boards and loose stuff flying around.

I hope Chris has parked somewhere safe :yum:

valw53
23 Feb '17

Love those guys at Honor Oak station. Years since I used it, but even then they talked to you like family: Good news! The next train at platform 1 will be stopping!

Londondrz
23 Feb '17

Cheers for the update @Joey_H . Did you entertain passengers with a Time Tunnel Quiz? :slight_smile:

starman
23 Feb '17

Londondrz
23 Feb '17

Sounds like the kind of items you get on a staff day out and have to build a float.

RachaelDunlop
23 Feb '17

An oil drum? Plastic sheeting? Are either of those worth recording? Surely they are easily removed and cause minor delays, unlike trees.

Think I’ll tell OH to come home via Catford, as Southern appear to be thrown into a panic by a bit of packing material…

RachaelDunlop
23 Feb '17

I thought it might be something like that, after my rather grumpy post. Thanks for the update, @Joey_H.

starman
23 Feb '17

Thankfully I’m hosting an event in the office tonight which given the finish time allows me to get a taxi home.

Though I’d rather be home earlier. A bit frightened to see what the garden is like. Kitchen cam already shows a blown over pot and fence panel.

Foresthillnick
23 Feb '17

I fear my polytunnel is now somewhere in Kent.

Michael
23 Feb '17

Southern Rail isn’t clear about whether services are running through Forest Hill.

Any updates would be appreciated so that I know if I’m getting the bus home.

RachaelDunlop
23 Feb '17

I’m considering attaching weights to the dog before I let him out into the garden. He’s very excited by all the new sticks that have appeared. Along with some large blocks of polystyrene.

Michael
23 Feb '17

Thanks for the updates here. Much more accurate than the station announcements at waterloo and canada water that were still talking about trees in lines at 5.30pm

Bolgerp
24 Feb '17

Bit late but I managed to get home (Waterloo>Canada Water>FH) with no hassle yesterday. The same cannot be said for some of my poor colleagues… 3.5 hours to get to Upminster… ugh.

AndyS
24 Feb '17

A friend of mine took seven hours to get home from Leicester! (No, his name isn’t Claudio.)

starman
24 Feb '17

A friend of mine got steanded in Leicester for the night.