Archived on 6/5/2022

Updated HopCroft Neighbourhood Plan - June 2017

anon5422159
10 Jul '17

Continuing the discussion from HopCroft Neighbourhood Plan - Consultation Deadline 1st Feb:

Honor Oak residents will, I’m sure, be pleased to see the new HopCroft Neighbourhood Plan consultation statement.

It has taken onboard feedback regarding proposed new housing on green land between Honor Oak Station and One Tree Hill.

Thank you @HopCroftForum :+1:

HOPcrossbun
10 Jul '17

I think it’s a shame actually - we could do with more flats in HOP for young people, especially as these new developments tend to include shared ownership / 5% deposit type schemes for first time buyers.

And whoever thinks the pile of weeds and rubble next to the station deserves, or will ever obtain, SINC status is deluded. If it isn’t developed I fear it is inevitable it will suffer the same fate as the neighbouring part of One Tree Hill and become yet more cemetery space. What a lovely welcome that will be to visitors / prospective newcomers to HOP.

anon5422159
10 Jul '17

It used to be very different but was neglected and illegally dumped on until it land-slid dangerously toward the station.

The council and rail company should be encouraged to take care of green space near stations, not neglect them, then profit from selling to developers. Let’s set the right precedent here.

IMO we must fight for every inch of green space in this area. Once it’s gone, it’s gone forever.

A creeping Croydonisation of SE23 doesn’t appeal to me at all, as a local homeowner. I paid a premium to live in a leafy and pleasant area. I’ll fight to conserve this area’s beauty.

Dave
10 Jul '17

Actually it was a lot less lovely before the dumping and subsequent cleanup work and landscaping - prior to that it looked like neglected scrub land (obv in my personal and unqualified opinion). I think there’s a big difference between (for example) the Rec, which is a useful space, One Tree Hill itself, which is beautiful, and this unloved site beside the railway.

I’d rather pick my battles and preserve green space which there’s a consensus worth preserving. We live in a relatively undeveloped corner of London and there’s some room for the housing which we need as a community.