Archived on 6/5/2022

Updates from your local Safer Neighbourhood Team - Spring 2018

SgtBiddle
18 Mar '18

Dear all,
Apologies for not posting but it’s been hectic to say the least! Although mostly nothing to do with Se23!!

We’ve had a couple of nasty assaults in Wasdale Road in the past couple of weeks. Please - anyone with info call 101. You can always email me as well John.Biddle@met.police.com
PC Sam was off duty but first on scene and gave first aid to the victim of the last one.

On a lighter note we were able to attend the Dartmouth Road Street Party last week. Well done To all those who helped to organise it!

We have taken a couple of local beggars to court. One - who is not homeless - has been issued with a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) which will hopefully stop him from begging in Perry Vale.

We hope to carry out more Community Speed Watch events in the near future. Watch this space - you can help keep our roads safe!

More will be posted ASAP!

Let’s be careful out there. (ForestHillStreetBlues)

SgtBiddle

RachaelDunlop
19 Mar '18

Thanks for the update, Sarge, and thank you and the whole team for what you do. Deal with stabbings and other violent crimes must be difficult at times, and all credit to PC Sam for attending while off duty.

SgtBiddle
25 Mar '18

It’s been another busy week for the team. Lots of school visits by my PCSOs.
My PCs have been out and about patrolling and carrying out investigations.
Not many burglaries or robberies reported which is good - we all can do better to help prevent these offences by being vigilant and securing property.

I hope your weekend has been calm. And that you have put your clocks forward!

SgtBiddle

Forestbird
25 Mar '18

Hi Sgt Biddle
Always good to have your updates.
I was sorry to hear that there were at least two burglaries locally that I know of in the past two weeks… One was at the hairdresser on Dartmouth Road at 4ish in the morning which the police attended and boarded up the door that had been kicked in and one at the community garden in Mayow Park which the police said they were unable to attend because it was a community garden. It might not have helped but out of interest are there any on foot patrols at night?
Thanks

Lara
26 Mar '18

Dear Sgt Biddle,
Thanks for your updates.
Was wondering do you have any updates on the 2 recent stabbings in March on Wastedale road.
It would be helpful to know whether they were random muggings or gang related and if anyone has been charged?
I know stabbings are unfortunately now becoming common but when we don’t hear any more info. it feels like they’re so common they’re not worthy of news which is sad. Also want to know if safe to walk down that road!
Thanks for your help.

SgtBiddle
31 Mar '18

Dear all,

Some updates for you all…

We took a. Case to court this week for a racially aggravated public order offence. The suspect pleaded guilty due to the weight of evidence. We don’t stand for hate crime in SE23.

The caravans on Perry Hill do not belong to travellers. I’ve been told they will be gone this week. I will look again to check this.

The incidents in Wastale Road were worrying but not related to the community in general. Any info please call 101.

We have had a few burglaries again this week. Please ensure you lock up if you are out (amazing I need to ask but some don’t!).
Also check your sheds security!

Likewise re car crime. Please don’t leave anything valuable in your cars overnight!

The team are out again next week so have a great bank holiday weekend and may I wish you all a very happy Easter…

SgtBiddle & team. image

SgtBiddle
11 Apr '18

We executed a warrant yesterday morning In SE23.
A nasty knife was disclaimed by the suspect.

A suspected drug dealer disrupted.

SgtBiddle

anon30031319
11 Apr '18

Great to see! Well done all.

starman
17 May '18

The topic on the knife arrest and conviction reminded me we’ve not had an update lately. Any news?