Archived on 6/5/2022

Virgin Media “Area Fault”

Emak5
16 Sep '18

Hi all, I know this is a mundane topic but wondering if anyone else who’s unlucky enough to be a Virgin Media BB customer is also without service this evening?
My issues have been going on since yesterday afternoon, and after two calls to Virgin - I’m told their engineers “are working hard to fix the issue by the 24th of September”
*tears another lump of hair out.

starman
16 Sep '18

We’re on Sunderland Rd and all is good here.

cg
16 Sep '18

Had a short outage on internet and TV saturday morning. Someone on my street called them and they said it was a Forest Hill wide problem that they would hopefully resolve by 6pm that same day. It resolved itself about 30mins later (no complaints).

Have had frequent problems with outages over the last year and a half with them. Have settled down recently though.

ThorNogson
17 Sep '18

thanks for posting. we were away over the weekend , then no broadband this morning and thought my router had terminated itself, but glad to know it was at Virgin’s end. after an hour of faffing about and resetting, everything now normal again.

Emak5
17 Sep '18

I was told my service was intermittent, but it’s just been off. :exploding_head:

matt_foulds
17 Sep '18

We’re having the same problems as you Emak5. Haven’t been told what the problem actually is & odd that some streets are not experiencing problems.

Dave
17 Sep '18

During the outage on Sat morning I ran Virgin’s diagnostic test (you can log in on the website and do it remotely) and the findings were “We think your router may be powered off”.

No correlation with an incident they presumably already knew about…

Gem_Megumi
18 Sep '18

Virgin Media customer here and up until yesterday for about a week I was getting an intermittent service, the worst being Friday and Saturday where it dropped out maybe 40 times in total, although they claimed no area fault and it must be my device. It’s reassuring to see that others in the area are have been having issues too.