Archived on 6/5/2022

VW Up! For Sale REDUCED TO £4,200

RachaelDunlop
22 Nov '16

I’m about to advertise my daughter’s VW Move Up 1.0 for sale via Auto Trader, but before I do, if anyone here is interested let me know! It’s got a full service history and MOT, 12 plate, 20K on the clock. We’ve only had it since April and bought it from SG Smith in Sydenham who gave it a full service and new tyres. Asking £4,600, open to reasonable negotiation.

RachaelDunlop
6 Dec '16

Now reduced to £4,200. Great little car, ideal for newly qualified driver, or as a runaround.

Not getting a lot of interest via Autotrader, which is disappointing. Anyone have any recommendations for privately selling a car? First time we’ve not been doing a part exchange.

Beige
7 Dec '16

I just looked at a load of ads and bought a used car, so I’ll give you my view:
Parkers Guide would value yours at £4220, so your price looks ok. I think it might be a quiet time of year for used car buying/selling. You could try webuyanycar and the like - probably won’t get a great price though, but might be worth getting a quote.

RachaelDunlop
7 Dec '16

Thanks @Beige. Webuyabycar offered 3800. Ours is in ‘excellent’ condition by industry standards with full history, long MOT, recent service by VW garage, 6 months warranty and low mileage so I’ve actually now priced it a little low. I’ve always part-exchanged in the past so I know how to price it. I was just wondering what the best venues for advertising are.

Beige
7 Dec '16

I looked on gumtree, ebay, autotrader. TBH I think autotrader is the best place to sell a car like yours.