Archived on 6/5/2022

Waiting for the storm!

Scorpion
11 May '17

Is there anyone else out there who is awaiting and looking forward to the possibility of some stormy weather tonight?
Might sound strange but, with the moody looking sky now above us, and the humidity today, I cannot wait for some rain/lightning/thunder. Also, we have not had enough rain lately to keep the plant life & greenery happy :frowning:
I really do love a good storm as it seems to cleanse, de-stress and, generally, make me feel better.

I KNOW I am not alone!
:+1:

Sue

FaeryCatmother
11 May '17

Definitely not. I used to live in the tropics and miss my thunderstorms.

starman
11 May '17

Love me some lightning.

helensulis
11 May '17

Yes! I used to live in a country that had amazing spring and summer storms. Agree that they have a real cleansing quality.

starman
12 May '17

What happened to our storm? Too muggy today!

anon64893700
12 May '17

Hope this makes up for our poor attempts at storms.

PS, I can’t recommend Rain Alarm enough for watching out for rain and storms.

Londondrz
12 May '17

Having been brought up in the Highveld of South Africa I miss the summer storms, the air was electric with towering clouds and the birds and animals went very quiet about half an hour before the storms. Thunder and lightning were the precursor to massive showers. The memory of the smell of fresh red earth and rain makes me nostalgic.

divya_m
12 May '17

Someone told me that the smell is called “petrichor”

starman
12 May '17

You sound like Meryl Streep.

“You see, I had a farm in Africa at the foot of the Ngong Hills:”

Sygnet
12 May '17

Love a good thunderstorm where the house shakes and shudders. My Gran used to make a beeline for the kitchen when they’d hit us in Aus. She’d hide out under the table until they’d roll off into the distance, cant say I blame her as she was a tiny woman and the house even frailer :wink:

Londondrz
12 May '17

One of my favorite films of all time. I will have to dig it out. Meryl Streep is brilliant, Robert Redford’s plummy accent is a bit off though.