Archived on 6/5/2022

WANTED: Accommodation for my friend

Gillipops
22 May '17

Hello everyone.

I have a lovely friend, who moved up to London from Devon to work for a well known charity (hence, she’s on a fairly low charity salary). The charity managed to get her accommodation (house-share) but it was unfurnished, not cheap (the charity is in very expensive area…Kensington) and after only 6 weeks of living there and having to buy all her furniture for her room, she has suddenly been asked to vacate with everyone else in the house due to re-development. She is in tatters. She’s been told that she needs to be out by end of June.

Does anyone know of a place going that is fairly easy to get to South Kensington? AND self-contained? bless her beautiful heart, but she is really fed up of having to live like a student and house share. Even if it’s a little, tiny, weeny bedsit/studio. She hasn’t got much of a deposit, budget is tight… £700 p.m - but she is as honest as the day is long and a really good person who feels the carpet has been pulled from under her feet. Please PM me if you know of somewhere that is a little closer to South Ken than us lot in South East London with the 3 train change journey required to get there!

system
21 Jul '17

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.