Archived on 6/5/2022

WANTED: Hair dresser who works from their home to blow dry hair

Gillipops
16 Mar '19

Hi. I’m looking for a hairdresser who works from their home (i.e. doesn’t charge high prices as has no salon overheads). I need my hair blow drying (not flat irons) once a week. It’s a 20 minute job, nothing fancy - I’ll even wash and condition it before arriving to save time/effort.

Please PM me if you can do this.

Pauline
18 Mar '19

There are so many hairdressers in FH, why not pay to have your hair done in a salon to support the local independent shops? - I’m sure someone will give you a nice discount if you visit weekly and ask nicely :slight_smile:

Gillipops
18 Mar '19

Thank you Pauline - I’m sure there are plentiful people who can support our plentiful salons. I was looking for someone local who is much more independent without business overheads, so that I don’t have to go cap in hand asking for a discount.

maxrocks
18 Mar '19

tbh I’ve found our local salons very reasonable.
i’d second pauline-Most salons if you tell them you are looking for a regular weekly blow dry will give you a good deal.
a hairdresser coming to your home wouldn’t be much cheaper as they have to factor travel time, parking, petrol etc.

Gillipops
18 Mar '19

I wasn’t asking them to come to me!!! I wrote in my post that I was willing to wash my hair beforehand and drive to them to save all effort on their side.

Pauline
18 Mar '19

You have to pay for what you get, hopefully you find a service that suits both of you.

Anotherjohn
20 Mar '19

Out of curiosity, as someone who used to run a hairdressing salon on Dartmouth Road and now rents a shop to one, what’s the going rate now for a blow dry - salon price and mobile price?

Leegirl01
3 Apr '19

I am a hairdresser I am available for this…did you get this sorted @Gillipops xx

system
2 Jun '19

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.