Archived on 6/5/2022

Wanted: old unused PC

Mr_Robin_Banks
29 May '16

Recently had a problem with my computer which has left me in need of a new PSU (power supply unit) and other components. If anyone has an old PC or even spare parts, I am willing to purchase them from you. Preferably from SE23.

p.s If any of the SE23 geeks out there would like to recommend a new PSU, in case I’m left to buy one online, that would be very helpful.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

anon64893700
29 May '16

I have some old bits laying about, if you know what you are looking for, let me know and I will check what I have.

Mr_Robin_Banks
29 May '16

thanks! To be specific, a 700w or greater PSU with a variety of SATA connectors.

jrothlis
29 May '16

Hi @Mr_Robin_Banks, I just happen to be selling a 650W Seasonic X-650 Modular power supply. It’s a really good one, has a fan, but if the load is below a certain threshold the fan never spins, so it is completely silent. I don’t believe while I used it ever spun (I’m not a gamer, so don’t place huge demands on my power supply). Yours for £50.

Mr_Robin_Banks
29 May '16

Thanks for the offer, I’ll keep it in mind. Was hoping for a higher wattage though.

anon64893700
30 May '16

5 posts were split to a new topic: Community Library computers

Londondrz
30 May '16

I have two old desk tops that need a good home for free.

Mr_Robin_Banks
30 May '16

@Londondrz Sounds great! Do you know anything about the PCs? Such as the motherboard or disk size?

anon64893700
30 May '16

I have split the topic so offers go to the relevant parties :slight_smile:

Yet so dig up what I have available but will soon.

Londondrz
30 May '16

Hi RB , I have no idea. Both old work Pc’s that we used at home. One is/was a very good one as it handled all the graphics work for a company that used a lot of photos for marketing. We are back Sunday so if you are interested I can drop them off one day next week.

joetow
17 Jul '16

hello robin im in se23 im selling some old computer stuff laptops modems routers printer & scanner all old stuff spares repairs if its any intrest to you mate thanks joetow…