⚠ Muggings in South Rd / Trilby Rd / Cibber Rd area

Doesn’t seem I can win then… some residents like the overnight crime reports crimes that are reported to us - others think it’s fake news or unfair!

What’s the general consensus?

By the way the stats will still be obtainable on the Met WebSite and @MPSPerryVale.

@Londondrz is just yanking your chain, ignore him! :wink:

@SgtBiddle Very much tongue in cheek. Ask Michael what I am like. When he rolls his eyes and smiles you will have some idea.

Keep up the news and the good work.

Lol!! Thanks!

Serious question though… do you think it’s useful to know the stats.

It won’t be every day but will try as much as possible…

• I like to see updates including stats from the Police on SE23.life
  • I like updates, but not stats
  • I prefer neither
  • Other (please comment)

0 voters

Personally speaking, yes. I think for a lot of people they may not see police every day but the fact you are reporting on stuff and putting up photos of you out and about it great.

Having worked with manufacturing and construction companies I was never comfortable with prominent signs/announcements such

36 days without an accident

I was never sure whether it was a celebration of success or relief that the inevitable hadn’t happened yet.

Its how I could feel about these daily pronouncements.

46 days since our last burglary

You’ve won with me!
I appreciate you coming on here to give people the reassurance of knowing that you’re at least trying. You guys must be saints to commit yourselves the way you do to policing London streets.
With gratitude and warm regards,

I’ve visited Shipman Road again today with PCSO Andrea & two council officers.
We hope to get the overhanging bushes and trees cut back and are looking at temporary CCTV to be positioned ASAP.

Needs permanent cctv on that alley. I was mugged there around 6 years ago. All efforts appreciated though. Know very well that you do an amazing job with very little budget!

Great to see such positive action by all concerned. Is it also possible to do the same in the alleyway from forest hill station to sydenham bridge alongside the railway line as there have also been similar past problems there of muggings etc and we would all feel safer. Thanks.

Good to hear, but ‘temporary’?

That had occurred to me, but I assumed that it would probably be infinitely quicker to get a temporary camera up and running than a permanent one. I’m guessing that a long-winded application could be put in place whilst the temp solution is at least offering some deterrent/protection/peace-of-mind?

Please can we get an update on this temporary soution? :grinning:

Dear all,
I’m afraid i don’t have an update yet. As soon as I do I will post it.

On a positive note we’ve not had any robberies for a while now.

One burglary overnight in Round Hill. Keys were dropped by the victim and entry gained later. Cash taken.

Without wishing to state the obvious, please look after your house keys!

Would it be worth maybe changing the title of this topic to something like “local crime updates”?

I think it’s worth maintaining the focus of this topic on the roads mentioned in the topic title.

General updates from @SgtBiddle are always welcome, and are probably best made in a separate topic called “local crime updates” or similar, if the updates don’t relate directly to the roads covered in this topic.

Please see my most recent post!

You say - I do!

I had this from a friend.

I just wanted to warn you that the two who have been attacking people on the Sunderland Road alleyway, Trilby Road, Kemble are back. They were seen mooching down Trilby Road yesterday. They were still carrying the crutch they have been using. until they catch them, be on your guard. The level of violence they use is awful. Sgt Biddle is on it. . Be careful out there!

Thanks for the update and good to know. I was contacted by the police just before Christmas re CCTV of my mugging and told that if either of these two are seen, to call 999 immediately.

You do not need a crime number or to call 101, just call 999 and say that you’ve seen a suspect, or suspects, involved in violent robberies.