Archived on 6/5/2022

Washable face masks

NorthernMatt
26 Apr '20

Please can anyone recommend where I can buy washable face masks online, that are in stock?

Thanks

starman
26 Apr '20

Try Etsy.

NorthernMatt
26 Apr '20

Done and purchased.

Thanks

marymck
26 Apr '20

I had a marketing email from Vistaprint, saying they are selling masks. I don’t know what type.

I had an interesting conversation with my brother yesterday. He had been driving through the security gate at work and the guard stuck his head through the open car window when my brother had to tell him to back off because he (the security guy) was wearing the wrong type of mask and was putting others at risk. The security guy’s mask had an exhalation valve. That type of mask protects the wearer NOT the person they’re talking to.

A link here explains how those little valve dimples work.

http://www.95mask.com/news/here-is-the-mechanism-of-the-exhalation-valve.html

ak8
26 Apr '20

I have an Etsy site selling these all hand made (they are very vibrant and colourful African fabric prints and more slightly subtle prints).
I can post a link once all the new pic’s are uploaded this week along with reviews from happy customers if anyone is interested?. :slightly_smiling_face::mask:

NorthernMatt
26 Apr '20

Please post your link. Thanks

Londondrz
26 Apr '20

These are the ones 8 use and have to tell people to stay back as they assume because I have a mask, and they don’t, they will be OK

ak8
1 May '20

Masks now on the site :mask: :blush: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/InobeDesigns

oakr
2 May '20

Wow those are very colourful - I might ask for one for my birthday which is coming up soon!

ak8
3 May '20

We will also have half print designs coming soon! A bit of :rainbow: brings some brightness to the times we’re in.
Hi @oakr if there is a size and pattern variation you’re interested in that is sold on etsy, please PM me and I’ll see what I have similar available or can whip up. :slightly_smiling_face:

FHGinClub
3 May '20

These, local, beautiful, comfortable.

BringOutTheCranston
3 May '20

Just received one of your masks. It’s a ray of sunshine. Colours are great and it’s very well made. Thank you ak8!

ak8
3 May '20

You’re welcome! Glad you like it! :slightly_smiling_face: :rainbow:
I was going on a long walk so thought it would be quicker to do a careful letterbox drop off!
I can do the same for any local sales if it’s convenient.
Stay healthy!

treeman
20 Jun '20

Do you make masks

ak8
27 Jun '20

Hi @treeman yes I do. Esty link is above.

treeman
27 Jun '20

Hi ak
Thanks for your reply how do I give you my fabric

ForestHull
8 Aug '20

Slightly off-topic, but some months later it appears that others are catching up with your wisdom that face masks with valves are ineffective in preventing the spread of viruses:

marymck
10 Aug '20

Thanks for the update @ForestHull

I’ve been doing a lot of shouting at the telly over people who seem to think a facemask doesn’t need to cover their nose and wear them like mouth gags instead. And at hairdressers and others who seem to think a face visor is sufficient (the Government website is badly written and open to misinterpretation), whereas in fact a face visor just protects the wearer from splashes and directs their own exhalants down and out … straight onto the person whose hair they’re washing or cutting, or onto the products they’re selling.

GillB
10 Aug '20

When I finally got round to having my hair cut, I had to wear a face mask & the hairdresser just wore a visor. So I suppose we were both protected, although it’s surreal having your hair cut with a mask on!
I agree though about people walking about with them under their chin or below the nose, completely defeats the purpose & you spread any germs on your face upwards, but it still goes on…

marymck
10 Aug '20

Glad you wore a mask, Gill. There’s some interesting research from Edinburgh University on leakage from various types of masks as well as face visors.

jaykay
19 Oct '20

Check out this site.

Bought a few, quality is good, maybe a bit pricey but quite cool. Better than the medical masks
system
27 Dec '20

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.