Archived on 6/5/2022

What was your “why didn’t I start doing this sooner” moment?

anon5422159
29 Jul '16

I’d be interested to hear if any of you have experienced a “why didn’t I start doing this sooner” moment?

My moment came when I quit “permanent” employment for the last time, set up a limited company and started working for clients instead of working for a boss.

Contracting has been liberating and lucrative. Wish I’d started it sooner!

Jimsthename
31 Jul '16

A small one, but for me it was visiting the Signal last week! Delighted with the beer choice and what they’ve done with the garden!

Next time I’ll try grub and a looksy upstairs.

Jon_Robinson
3 Aug '16

a couple for me:

• started cycling to work again, so feeling fitter, and saving money on travel cards
  • properly looked at food/nutrition and followed a plan to reduce the crap I eat Whole30, and feel better, more energy, better sleep, etc - lots of ‘none scale victories’
Brett
3 Aug '16

One springs to mind: wet shaving without using shaving foam or gel.

anon64893700
10 Aug '16

Im the same as @Jon_Robinson really.
I spent years training and taking good care of myself, and slipped off the wagon, and gained too much weight to catch it for quite a while.
More recently I have got to grips with both mental and physical health and taken myself more seriously, with some great improvements to quality of life. Cycling and running play a huge role in that, and I hope to get back on the ball soon.
Much room for improvement still, but in the right direction.

As a whole though, I should have been more selfish a lot earlier in life, and stopped doing so much for others while neglecting myself.

There is more to life than financial wealth and material objects. As much as I love both, I absolutely adore doing things for myself, and making the most of real life.

fran
10 Aug '16

Getting a cleaner. Best decision ever.

anon5422159
10 Aug '16

Oh wow yes, same here. Ended all conversations and frustrations about keeping the house clean. And the feeling, coming home to a professionally cleaned house - worth its weight in gold.

armadillo
10 Aug '16

Couldn’t agree more! I didn’t realise how much we have come to rely on ours until she decided to take some holiday :scream: