In this order, all 6music Sunday programmes:
Jarvis Cocker (when he’s on)
Guy Garvey (again when he’s on)
Cerys Mathews
Stuart Maconie

All very eclectic and great in my view!

anon5422159
10 Jun '16

Petrie Hosken on LBC - she was just brilliant. I think she’s been replaced by Katie Hopkins recently.

Also David Mellor, who presented a combined show with Ken Livingstone. Despite the nasal whining of Red Ken, David always managed to bring some warmth and good humor to the discussions. And now Ken has been dropped, I believe, on account of his silly comments about Hitler.

TimLund
11 Jun '16

Round the Horne?

Pauline
11 Jun '16

Just in general Tim.

TimLund
11 Jun '16

Perhaps that should have been in caps

ROUND THE HORNE

They don’t make Sunday afternoons like that any more …

Michael
11 Jun '16

I’m sorry I haven’t a clue.
Perhaps I’ll have more to contribute to another thread. :slight_smile:

Brett
11 Jun '16

Just a minute, Today and Gardeners’ Question Time (which I used to find entertaining before I even took up gardening). Oh and Test Match Special.

starman
11 Jun '16

I listened to LBC for many years. Even tuning in on many foreign trips. Then they brought Katie Hopkins on board. I now listen to Radio4

Pauline
11 Jun '16

Love this!

http://www.ministryofsound.com/music/compilations/2014/02/04/12/09/saturday-night-club-classics

Pauline
11 Jun '16

Thought I’d post this!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6oKUTOLSeMMstrong text

MissP
12 Jun '16

I love JazzFM. My favourite show is Chris Philips’ ‘The Blueprint’ on Saturday nights. I love his weekday morning show too. Always guaranteed to hear some Stevie Wonder with Chris!

rbmartin
13 Jun '16

If you have a digital radio, there are some gems on there.

The Arrow is a non-stop rock music station with no commercials that plays Pink Floyd, Led Zep to modern rock.
Absolute 80s plays 80s pop/rock music and also has the Christian O’Connell breakfast show from Absolute Radio, but with 80s music instead of the current stuff.

If you can receive radio stations from Surrey, Eagle Oldies is worth a go and Golden Radio (which is based in Crystal Palace) plays oldies and has some community shows for south London during the evenings.

Otherwise it’s Today and PM on BBC Radio 4, LBC Radio or LBC London News, the latter has rolling news during the daytime.

Brett
13 Jun '16

I used to love listening to the Arrow but it seemed to disappear from our DAB receiver. Are you still picking this up @rbmartin?

rbmartin
13 Jun '16

@brett Yes, but you may need to retune your dab radio. I do it every few months to ensure I have all the stations.

Brett
13 Jun '16

I did try that, more than once, so came to the conclusion is was off the air. Will try again, thanks @rbmartin !

Jacek
24 May '17

The Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show for a good start of Saturday night and Don Letts’ Culture Clash Radio for Sunday night calm down. Both on BBC R6M :slight_smile:

FaeryCatmother
24 May '17

I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue, The Archers, GQT. Actually pretty much anything on R4 other than Any Questions and Any Answers (the latter of which tends to make my blood boil).

DickWynne
24 May '17

At work – Venice Radio - talk- and ad-free chamber music. That and Round the Horne.

Foresthillnick
24 May '17

Oh I must get me some of that!

Other than that I am R4 through and through - sometimes rubbish - sometimes genius.

RachaelDunlop
24 May '17

I used to be a diehard R4 listener - from my mother’s knee, until I discovered 6 Music.