Where can you buy great bread in Forest Hill?

I haven’t bought any bread for a long time, I make nearly all of ours. But, taking a baking holiday, I bought these two beauties today. Great to have good bread locally, when for so many years we had just supermarket stuff.

5 Likes

St David’s do Little Bread Peddler sourdough which is very good.

3 Likes

Do you think the Bona one is made of 00 flour.

1 Like

Hard to know - you’d think so for their pizza bases. But their loaf tastes as though it has some rye in it.

2 Likes

There’s going to be a Blackbird Bakery in Sydenham, where Party Daze is now.

2 Likes

I was thrilled to see the Pantryhad a bit more choice the sourdough this morning.

1 Like

I must confess I was less than impressed with their bread tbh

San Store also has a selection of fresh bread

5 Likes

Might be out of the scope of your question but I have been loving the Butter & Crust weekly bread delivery. I’m not sure where the bread is sourced from but it’s sourdough and has a lovely crumb. I also opted to have pastries and apple juice included in my deliver and I tell you; there’s nothing like waking up on a Saturday seeing the email saying “your bread has been delivered” to get you out of bed!

1 Like

Butter & Crust certainly looks good. Hadn’t heard of them till now.

We get bread delivered from Thoroughbread Bakery - he lives in SE23 and the bread is really good!
https://www.instagram.com/se23thoroughbread/

2 Likes

We like the loaves from Marvellous Greens and Beans. Yummy.

2 Likes

I had a really nice loaf from Pantry a couple of weeks ago make by Lockdown Bakery.

1 Like

Depending on when you go, Moustache in Kirkdale has sourdoughs, rye breads and ciabattas.

2 Likes

Sans Store has a great one on Mondays and other days has a different one which is also good

Cafe 41 also started stocking bread and eggs during lockdown and they’ve kept it on even as they reopen, which I guess is easy enough as they do food again now.

The Butchery also sell LB Pedlar bread

2 Likes

Does anywhere sell a nice granary loaf? Or a bloomer? Feels like it’s sourdough everywhere and sometimes I’d like a change :grinning:

4 Likes

Thoroughbread (as mentioned by me upthread) do a wholemeal and a white loaf - I’m not a sourdough fan either!

Donde does good bread.

2 Likes