• Northbrook Park, Baring Road entrance
  • Mayow Park, entrance in Mayow Road
  • Chinbrook Meadows, Amblecote Road
  • Manor House Gardens, Old Road entrance
  • Beckenham Place Park, Old Bromley Road entrance
  • Blythe Hill, Codrington Hill entrance

AndyS
3 Jan '17

One would hope that that phrase was there for completeness’ sake - but in truth there is probably a tiny number of people who actually need to be told that. But are they the sort of people who read council notices? New year, same craziness.

Joncocteau
8 Jan '17

Or you could just dump them in front of emergency access gates, corner of Bovill and Gabriel Street… welcome to 2017. Who the hell does this kind of thing?

RachaelDunlop
8 Jan '17

Gawd. It just takes one person to do it then everyone else thinks it’s an official drop-off point, not considering at all the purpose of the gate.

Londondrz
8 Jan '17

I would make a sign that’s says ‘only a tosser puts trees here’ and stick it on the pile.

starman
8 Jan '17

Who knew we could save time by not cutting it into pieces.

Dan_Cherowbrier
8 Jan '17

Most council’s offer a street collection service where you put your tree out on a particular day. This is another example of Lewisham being tight on refuse collection and fly tipping being the result of it.

Bovill road is a favourite and I almost every week I find myself reporting flytipping.

Brett
8 Jan '17

Lewisham used to do kerbside collection too. Whilst I don’t condone flytipping, I wish they still did. I suspect that people who move from other boroughs may assume this. I understand the borough wanting to save money but then it would be better if we encouraged businesses which deliver trees to also pick them up.

oakr
8 Jan '17

Just dropped ours off at the bottom of Blythe Hill - it’s like Christmas tree heaven :slight_smile:

Joncocteau
8 Jan '17

I’m having to presume all of these these people can’t actually read too. I might put some adult learning centre leaflets through some doors! I only hope there isn’t actually a need for that emergency access in the weeks it will take for these to be removed.

Foresthillnick
9 Jan '17

One match in that lot and it will be 1666 all over again…

Brett
9 Jan '17

Now sorted:
http://lovelewisham.com/Home/Details/94329a82-ce10-444a-ac16-c2115fbdaba8

Impressive work from the council. Only downside being that this may reinforce the behaviour.

Joncocteau
9 Jan '17

Thanks for contacting them.

Brett
17 Jan '17

I noticed that trees were accumulating at the same spot yesterday.

AgentBlonde
17 Jan '17

Yes, I spotted them this morning too. How did you report it last time?

Edited: Just saw it was via Love Lewisham. I’ll let them know, although reluctant to enable more thoughtless tree-dumping.

Brett
17 Jan '17

Yes that is it. It is horns of a dilemma time.

Hollow
26 Jan '18

Bump. Remember to dump your Christmas tree at the locations above / on the Lewisham website.

Kind of annoying considering so many people in Central London don’t have cars and other boroughs pick them up from the curb.

GillB
28 Jan '18

If you have a brown garden bin you can chop it up & put it in there. I’m assuming you haven’t got one? :wink:if not although you have to pay £60 or may be a little bit more, it is definitely worth it when you don’t have a car.

anon10646030
28 Jan '18

I think most households are within reach of a collection point and you can just drag the tree behind you so I don’t really think there is any problem with the set up as it is

Hollow
30 Jan '18

Commencing dragging :slight_smile: