Michael
19 May '17

or

starman
19 May '17

Catford. Obvs.

RachaelDunlop
19 May '17

Catford. That cat is hard as nails. I bet that tiger is a de-clawed palace pet.

starman
19 May '17

Developers want to take the Catford Cat down. I wouldn’t want to be in that fight.

Michael
19 May '17

Okay round two.
Catford Cat versus Horniman Walrus:

Jimsthename
19 May '17

Walrus all day

Pauline
19 May '17

Defo the walrus :slight_smile:

RachaelDunlop
19 May '17

Pfft. Walrus.

Next.

starman
19 May '17

Walrus. Fat People Rule.

Michael
19 May '17

Thanks for all the useful feedback.
Round three - Mammals verses lizards

Five go into the ring - how many come out?
(Not allowed to use giant asteroids)

starman
19 May '17

These lizards are over 100 years old. So lizards natch.

Pauline
19 May '17

I reckon it’s still got to be the walrus - iit would just flatten these guys Big Daddy style :laughing:

Londondrz
19 May '17

That lizard has a walking stick, no fair!

Pauline
19 May '17

He needs to be arrested for carrying that weapon - so the walrus just needs to flatten 4 now of the 5 reptiles at CP :joy::joy:

Welshcake
23 May '17

I reckon the Walrus would just think, “Sod this for a lark!” and go on a chummy craft beer safari with the Crystal Palace Megatherium, leaving the cats and reptiles to it.

Michael
23 May '17

I know it is getting complicated, but I just wanted to mention there is now an elephant in the ring!

Foresthillnick
23 May '17

Just me putting the boot in

starman
23 May '17

Better than an elephant in the room. Anyways that elephant is due for demolition so might be feeling a bit scrappy.

Andy
23 May '17

I’m loving this thread.

starman
23 May '17

That is the exact view from my window right now.

Except for the rain. And the little white bubble hut.

Michael
23 May '17

I think you may have ‘jumped the shark’:

RachaelDunlop
23 May '17

This is a local fight for local unfeabily large and possible anatomically incorrect animals (and footwear). Thumbs and sharks from Not SE23 can do one (I’m allowing the Elephant because his days are numbered).

Andy
23 May '17

OK, OK. What about this guy? He may be small and two dimensional, but he is ferfectly formed.

Michael
23 May '17

@Andy I hear she’s a bit chicken! (and if she wasn’t already 2D the walrus would flatten her)

But I think a grizzly bear, a bird, and a girl are going to get involved in support of the walrus.

Pauline
23 May '17

I’d back that gang any day :facepunch::joy:

Michael
25 May '17

Watch out if you are near Beckenham Place Park, there is a rock-hard squirrel after your nuts!

Pauline
25 May '17

I’m safe with these guys because I don’t have any nuts :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Michael
25 May '17

In the terracotta corner - Half-man, Half-lion and joining the kitty pack - it’s the sphinx.

ThorNogson
26 May '17

fighting won’t get us anywhere

Pauline
26 May '17

The Cat In The Hat is always at mine & would defo fight off all of the above except the walrus I think :joy::joy::joy:

Anyone up for this chap, sure he could give you a run for your money :joy::joy::joy:

Michael
26 May '17

Brilliant response @ThorNogson
I had to look up where the statue is located. The answer is Dacres Road on the edge of a housing estate but even more interestingly it was sold off from the Crystal Palace Great Exhibition (further details).

RachaelDunlop
26 May '17

I’ve walked past that statue on Dacres Road many times and often wondered where it came from, but always forgot by the time I got home to look it up.

ThorNogson
26 May '17

I’d quite like it to be returned to Crystal Palace park, but I imagine there’s many who would not agree.

anon5422159
11 Aug '17

Lucy Horobin, presenter on Heart Radio, and SE23.life fan :star_struck:

Kudos for @Michael for a great topic! :trophy:

Michael
11 Aug '17

Rather nice to have the opportunity to re-read quite a funny thread.

Do you remember this one?

Perhaps we need a new section in the forum for humour to encourage more of this sort of thing. There is always a tendency to take things too seriously, especially in politics (and those political ‘humour’ threads aren’t welcome in a proper humour section).

anon5422159
11 Aug '17

Good idea :+1:

Did I miss any? https://se23.life/tags/humour

armadillo
12 Aug '17

Housekeeping: I’ve split the last 3 posts to its own topic: Morninton Crescent… who’s for a game?. Lets the games begin!

Michael
16 Sep '17

A similar fight has broken out over in Kensington. Nasty stuff!