Archived on 6/5/2022

Window display at Sainsburys in Forest Hill

Ellie_Rogers
5 Jul '16

Hi all

You may have noticed a new display in the window at Sainsburys in Forest Hill. The figures were created by a group of artists with learning disabilities through Redstart Arts. I think the display is stunning!

The display will be taken down shortly, so please go and have a look if you can. If you are happy to answer a few short questions about the display, then please let me know. Your feedback would really help us. Also, please get in touch if you know someone who might be interested in displaying the pieces.

www.redstartarts.com

HornimanMuseum
5 Jul '16

You can read all about the inspiration behind these fantastic sculptures on our blog: http://horniman.ac.uk/get_involved/blog/the-redstart-arts-horniman-project

Aren’t they great?

Ellie_Rogers
14 Jul '16

I would be really grateful for any further feedback on the display - this may help us secure further funding. If you have a few spare minutes, please can you answer the following questions:

1. Did you like the display? Please explain your answer.
  2. Does the work make you feel differently about the abilities of people with learning disabilities? Please explain your answer.
    Feel free to comment below or send me an email - thenewmrsrogers@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Ellie_Rogers
14 Jul '16

A big thank you to the Horniman for making this happen.

Pauline
15 Jul '16

Ellie, can you pop in for a chat please.

I’d love to get Redstart Arts involved in #FHFW & #FHArts

Thanks, P :slight_smile:

Ellie_Rogers
18 Jul '16

Great. I’m not around at the moment, but I’ll be in touch very soon.

Pauline
18 Jul '16

Great, thanks :slight_smile:

Pauline
22 Jul '16

Ellie, we’ve replied to your email to arrange a meeting. We’re looking forward to meeting up & working with you guys :slight_smile: