Archived on 6/5/2022

World Cup of London Boroughs

Michael
19 Mar '18

Over on Twitter it is a close thing (50:50) in the voting between Islington and Lewisham.

I’m sure this forum can push us over the finish line and into the final showdown - get Twitter-Voting!

Michael
19 Mar '18

The combined efforts of Brockley and Forest Hill have just pushed it to 51% to Lewisham. Can Lewisham be part of the 52% this time?

Sgc
19 Mar '18

Don’t know what I have just voted for but I did my bit voting for Lewisham :joy:

divya_m
19 Mar '18

Me too! :grin:

Pauline
19 Mar '18

We’re all going a tad crazy pushing this on twitter today :slight_smile:

Come on everyone get voting for #Lewisham :+1::+1::hugs:

anon5422159
19 Mar '18

We’ve taken back control. Lewisham means Lewisham!

Pauline
19 Mar '18

Only 8 hours left to vote!

52% Lewisham
48% Islington

COME ON FOREST HILL PEEPS, KEEP VOTING!

Don’t let me stay up till 2am for nothing :+1::+1::+1:

Forestbird
19 Mar '18

It’s 52% to 48% to us at the moment!

Pauline
19 Mar '18

We’re 53% now to Islington’s 47%!

COME ON GET ON TWITTERLAND AND VOTE VOTE VOTE :+1::+1::+1:

anon51837532
19 Mar '18

Got a twitter login.

Can someone give me the idiot’s step-by-step guide to find this poll and then how to vote please.

Twits, tweets and bl**dy idiots like me need all the twitter help they can get.

Pauline
19 Mar '18

Go on my page @paulinewright2 & you’ll find the link :+1:

anon5422159
19 Mar '18

Click this link, then click to choose a poll option: https://twitter.com/Zone1Bracket/status/975654087655030784

anon51837532
19 Mar '18

Ok got there - did the vote - we are now at 53%.

How do I re-tweet and/or do I have to select recipients ?

Pauline
19 Mar '18

Just press the RT button :+1:

Pauline
19 Mar '18

Second button from the left at the bottom, see here :slight_smile:

ThorNogson
20 Mar '18

Brilliant. Lewisham thru to the World Cup final. And this after the Blythe Hill Tavern won the World Cup of pubs in December. Happy days!

anon5422159
20 Mar '18

Excellent! :smiley:

I reckon we’ll be up against Greenwich in the finals, based on their semi-final result thus far:

ThorNogson
20 Mar '18

A big local derby in prospect then!

Michael
20 Mar '18

Hard to believe the Lewisham have beaten Southwark, Camden, Hackney, and Islington.
We must have been the under-dog in each of these contests, and in the final - facing the might of Greenwich or Lambeth. The final is going to be tough but the social media presence in Lewisham is strong. With a well coordinated campaign we are still in with a chance.

But Southwark must feel hard done by, with an impressive 50:50 defeat to Lewisham way back in the first round. They came so close to being where we are today.

RachaelDunlop
20 Mar '18

I wonder what the guy running these polls does with the data it generates. I don’t suspect anything nefarious, but it’s interesting that he’s a mathematician and from his profile seems to be interested in mapping and human geography. I assume running these polls gives him nice little data sets about how engaged / connected / active people are in different parts of London and where those connections are made online.

anon5422159
20 Mar '18

Parsing Twitter connection data is very interesting. I’ve been working on this myself - safe in the knowledge that I’m working with purely public, self-volunteered data so there are no real privacy or other concerns.

I’m interested in using Twitter bots to identify relevant content and community members that will help me build out dot life forums with automatically curated content and automatic social media engagement.

LukeSlatford
20 Mar '18

Will they push for a rerun of the vote or is this binding?

After all there was only 3% in it… which is very marginal… did everyone know what they were really voting for? :wink:

starman
20 Mar '18

Everyone’s doing it.

Michael
20 Mar '18

I hope your army of twitter bots are supporting Lewisham.

anon5422159
20 Mar '18

They’re currently turned off due to a bug… but now I have nearly finished coding the forum payment system (just need to get it into a state where it can be open-sourced), I’ll be back onto the bots soon. :hugs:

Michael
20 Mar '18

That’s a shame. Does anybody have any Russian friends with an army of twitter bots designed to influence election results? (asking for a dastardly friend in Greenwich)

anon51837532
20 Mar '18

I know of a guy in Moscow - V V Putin - and he’s got 23 people he has to re-task urgently.