Zero waste store coming to Dartmouth Road (former Sugar Mountain shopfront)

I now have the ingoing tenant’s permission to tell all -

It will be run as a separate but complimentary business in close conjunction with Aga’s Little Deli - and here’s the blurb:-

Zero waste greengrocer.
With plant based food - fresh juices, smoothies, salads and we will use glass jars and glass bottles and paper boxes for take away.
We welcome customers to bring their own packaging if they want and we will provide all sort of beans, grains, rice, and pasta.
Ready to pick up veggie and vegans meals.
Big section of vegan products and fermented food.
All sort of pickles (pickled cucumbers, beetroot and carrots), sauerkraut, kimchi and sauerkraut juice to take home.
Strictly no meat on the premises.
We are planning to open end of January or early February.

32 Likes

Outstanding.

Back home we have Bulk Barn which is a fairly large franchise operation of bulk, usually dried foods. One of my favourite parts is the herb and spice selection. As in I can buy small amounts for specific recipes rather than buy a large bottle of which most will go unused and eventually thrown out.

That would be great too.

2 Likes

Good luck to Aga with the new venture. Sounds perfect.

2 Likes

Sounds like a brilliant venture, good luck.

2 Likes

This sounds fantastic. Can’t wait for it to open !

1 Like

This sounds excellent! Reminds me of Trader Joe’s in the US…

1 Like

This sounds great, can’t wait.

1 Like

Sad for sugar mountain but super excited for its replacement. Yummmmm!!!

1 Like

An excellent addition and even though I grow my own veg I will very much be visiting. I have been wanting a shop like this for ages - one that sells grains etc by the kilo. Everything else sounds like a bonus too.

3 Likes

Fantastic news, really look forward to this being in place.

2 Likes

Fantastic. Hope there will be a lot of interesting fresh fruit and veg, including fresh herbs!

1 Like

As plans develop for this project i hope the new owners might read this topic. While the new shop will offer vegan food and be meat free, I would think it a shame if this zero waste trend become synonymous solely with vegan lifestyles.

4 Likes

This sounds fantastic. Can’t wait for it to open.

2 Likes

Thank you, but it’s the right time for me to move on and work on my new venture :100::100:

Any news on this? Really keen on this idea…

Saw on twitter a mention that they get keys to new shop on March 1st. Now not sure how many different ventures they might be working on so could be jumping to conclusions…

1 Like

I’m the landlord - and we’re working towards handover around the 1st of March so they can start fitting-out very soon after. Apparently their designer has done a nice job so it should be well worth the wait. For me, I think it’s really nice that there will be an interesting cluster of 4 adjacent shops - Archie Parker, Leaf & Groove, this one and Yolanda’s beautiful flower shop - which will make the trip a little further into Dartmouth Road a worthwhile one. And, once you’ve reached that far, a few steps further to Wild Horses and Crazy Man Crazy would be a bonus! (I don’t know who their lucky landlord is though)

8 Likes

Can t wait! Love Forest Hill and Dartmouth Road has such beautiful cafe and shops! Just went for a brunch today at Archie! My local favourite cafe!

4 Likes

What great news. Good luck to the new shop. Dartmouth Road is looking good during the day. Sadly after hours when the shutters come down there is so much graffiti on those shutters that it looks not so good. Some notable establishments are currently letting the road down when a tin of paint and a paint brush would make such a big difference.

1 Like

I think WHSmiths is the first culprit :frowning: