Archived on 6/5/2022

Bathroom fitter recommendations

DaveWarbs
9 Apr '17

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a bathroom fitter / builder? We want to put in a new bathroom that will also require a couple of small walls to be taken down / put up. I had a search on here but didn’t find anything.
Thanks

Stephen
9 Apr '17

We used R Lasbury and Associates a couple of years ago for bathroom and kitchen stuff and they were great, very competitive price yet super detail oriented.

DaveWarbs
12 Apr '17

Thanks Stephen.

FaeryCatmother
7 May '17

Did you get any other recommendations? I’m also looking for a bathroom fitter - ideally a builder as it isn’t just switching an old tub for a new one.

Sandinista
19 Jul '17

I forwarded this page to a South London friend who was struggling to find someone to fit a new bathroom. She asked me to add a recommendation - she went with R Lasbury after getting a few quotes and says their work is great, good attention to detail and a fair price. She’s a happy customer.

FaeryCatmother
19 Jul '17

I’ve just had a bathroom put in by Atanas at Big Small Building Solutions. He came up with some excellent design suggestions, and I have been very impressed at the level of detail in the finishing. He was comparatively very well priced, and his team were polite, tidied up after themselves and even worked Saturday and Sunday to get it done on time.

I found him recommended on the East Dulwich forum where there are plenty of other very happy customers. If you’d like to see his work, give me a shout.

You can get him at http://kitchenandbathroombuilderdslondon.co.uk/contact.html.

divya_m
26 Oct '17

Hi there, For people who have had their bathrooms redone, how long does it typically take (we need retiling, flooring and bathtub replaced). I am a bit sceptical about taking the builders/fitters at the word because all our other jobs have taken way longer than initially estimated.

RachaelDunlop
26 Oct '17

Our last bathroom refit took two weeks from day one to all done, including tiling and painting. That was using a local guy with two people on the job at most, sometimes only one.

starman
26 Oct '17

Mine was a complete refit including a re-positioning of the toilet and a full tiling job on the floor and walls. It took eleven days with a two man crew working from 8am to 7pm.

ETA… Part of wall had to be rebuilt too. The old tiles were keeping it together.

FaeryCatmother
26 Oct '17

Mine was a complete refit, including repositioning everything, new flooring, new lights, a false wall being built for an alcove in the shower, etc. It took just under 2 weeks, and that’s with 2-3 people working every day, including the intervening weekend.

YorkshireLad
16 May '19

May I ask, the availability isn’t until September but we’ve been asked for 20% deposit to secure the date. This usual experience? We were quoted by Atanas who is mentioned on here.

Beige
16 May '19

I paid 5% deposit on a loft conversion. I can see why the % should be higher for smaller jobs though.

louisab23
3 Jun '19

Does anyone know if it is possible to replace a standalone shower unit in a bathroom without retiling??

I’d be eager for some recommendations for bathroom fitters who would be able to advise, quote and carry out the job - as well as replacing a bathroom extractor fan (with humimeter).

Thanks
Louisa

anon5422159
3 Jun '19

Never knew such a thing existed - much better idea than a timer or or a simple connection to the light!

louisab23
3 Jun '19

Yes - recommended by our independent damp expert! We’re hoping it’s going to solve all our condensation woes!

Jennie
14 Jan '20

I’m looking for someone to rip out tiling, fix leaky shower piping behind said tiling, re-tile and potentially rip out and replace a bath.
Does anyone have any recommendations?
I’ve got in touch with Big Small Solutions after seeing many recommendations but sadly they can’t do the work at the moment.

Pea
18 Nov '20

We’ve just refurbed our whole bathroom and used Jarek (a guy we’ve previously recommended on here after he renovated our garden).

He’s done an amazing job. I’ll send photos once it’s 100% completed as he’s just got to do a few final finishing touches this week.

His attention to detail is amazing. We are so happy with the job, he’s trustworthy and friendly (left him our house keys).

jaroslawlet@yahoo.co.uk
+44 7886 815842

Pea
25 Jan '21

Realised I never uploaded an image. Went for something fairly neutral and really pleased with the finish.

We’ve just had Jarek round to do another small job for us and as ever, he never fails to do a good job.

Charliev
3 Jul '21

Hi Everyone,
I’m looking for a bathroom fitter/builder to renovate our bathroom and put in a small toilet under our stairs. I’d be super grateful if you could share your recommendations with me
Much appreciated !

Dom_Mo
4 Jul '21

Tristan from TT Plumbing.

Redid our shower last week. Nice guy, professional job and really good price.

07724 596644

GillB
6 Jul '21

We have used Michael Greczynski to completely renovate our kitchen & bathroom. His website is:
SE.23 bathrooms. His workmanship is excellent, & very reasonably priced.
Not sure how busy he is, but take a look.

ChrisR
7 Jul '21

There’s already an existing thread for bathroom fitter recommendations:
Bathroom fitter recommendations

Please update that thread if you use one of those recommendations or if you have a new recommendation to add.

Good luck with your project!

James_Todd
19 Jan '22

Has anyone recently had a new bathroom installed and has any recommendations? We want some help designing and then getting a bathroom installed. We did go to WC One in Blackheath but as beautiful as the designs and fittings were it was very steep, probably too much for something which isn’t going to be a flat we live in forever.

HannahM
19 Jan '22

We used Maintracts, they are based in South London and did the plumbing, tiling and fitting.

They also have a trade account with a plumbers merchants so we got a good price on a bath, sink, shower screen and storage units.

GillB
19 Jan '22

SE23.bathrooms. Michael Greczynski is brilliant & a very nice man. 07912674343
He is very reasonably priced, has lots of ideas & is an excellent tradesman. Always calm & happy to rectify anything you don’t like or advise.
He fitted out our bathroom & kitchen.

ModTeam
20 Jan '22

@James_Todd As there’s already a bathroom fitter recommendations thread which includes those who have had bathrooms designed and installed I’m therefore moving this new thread into it to keep things in one place.

Cherryblossom
23 Jan '22

We have just got our bathroom installed and can highly recommend Richard May. He is very professional, did an amazing job and kept us in the loop through out the work. Richard +44 7920 776809

James_Todd
19 Feb '22

If it’s not too cheeky can I ask anyone who has had a new bathroom recently say how much it cost (suite + labour)

We’re getting quotes but I’m not sure what is and isn’t the norm.

HannahM
19 Feb '22

We got ours redone four years ago - new pipe work (including moving pipes for the radiator) new bath, new sink, new cupboards, new radiator, completely re tiled (floor and walls), new light, replastered ceiling, new accessories (mirror, towel rail, toilet roll holder, toilet seat etc…), new door, raising and replumbing the toilet.

It was £6k for labour and materials and about another £2k for the sanitary ware, tiles, new light, accessories etc…

We went about £600 over budget as a lot more new pipework was needed than we realised.

One thing I realised it is possible to spend A LOT on tiles and sanitary ware. We used wallsandfoors.com for the tiles. We only wanted plain white, standard sanitaryware and cupboards so used our plumber’s trade account to get them from a plumbing merchant. Much cheaper than the high street places for similar stuff.

Kate8
20 Feb '22

I second this recommendation - excellent service.

Cherryblossom
20 Feb '22

We planned for £30k including replacing the entire bathroom and all of our windows and the labour for it. Though when doing the work, they discovered loads of issues and we had to rebuild all the internal walls. So the actual cost was closer to £40k

GillB
20 Feb '22

He is also very reasonable with his prices, both materials & labour.