Forest Hill Christmas Tree is up!

The tree is up. A bit taller this year.

12 Likes

Fantastic - I can’t wait to see what Lee Jackson comes up with this year.

4 Likes

Whatever it is, I hope it’s got a bloody great padlock. Or a hidden bear trap.

5 Likes

Pity we couldn’t have more aesthetic railings around it - maybe in wood? Would look so much better :christmas_tree:

1 Like

I wouldn’t judge it yet - the railings were quite well decorated once Mr Christmas had worked his magic, see last year’s here: https://se23.life/t/forest-hill-christmas-tree-lighting/13531/7

And welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

I can assure you that Mr. Christmas will be as creative with the railing this year, as he was in 2019.

1 Like

Tree decorations going up today! :evergreen_tree::christmas_tree::+1:

4 Likes

The topper is amazing.

7 Likes

The Lewisham Foodbank tree is also quite special this year!

7 Likes

We know where to go if there is another shortage of essential items.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Looks great! It’s very generous of Lee to supply this tree and decorate it so nicely.

Great idea on the railings too.

3 Likes

The tree itself is funded by Lewisham Borough Council, then acquired and installed by Skanska including the lighting. Both of whom have been terrific this year to get us a big’un and up in a timely fashion. Lee Jackson does all the design work, provides the decorations and of course the decorating. Project coordinated by the Forest Hill Society.

A great local team effort by all.

11 Likes

I stopped by to have a chat with Lee - lovely bloke and a very talented designer. Kudos to @starman for being the real person doing the co-ordinating :slight_smile:

@ForestHull re railings I suggested he adds a sign to say ‘Smile you’re on CCTV’ as there’s a camera on the WHSmith right above it.

6 Likes

Beautiful :blush: Well done and thank you, to everyone involved :clap:
The words on the tag are very poignant :mask::cry: but nice also and I, for one, long for and await next Spring :+1:

5 Likes

stunning tree. and those owls!.. no one better mess with them.

6 Likes

The tree looks wonderful in the photos but I shall have to go and see it for myself. I do hope that the idiot/idiots that decided it would be fun to steal Santa’s hat twice last year have either left the neighbourhood or have matured over the last 12 months and leave the tree alone this year so everyone can all enjoy it. Thank you Lee Jackson for your generosity and all others involved in co-ordinating the project, :clap: :clap: :clap:

5 Likes

That’s got to be the best one we’ve ever had!
Many thanks to everyone who helped to put it together…Great work!

7 Likes

Even self-proclaimed grinch @LeoGibbons has been converted and likes the tree :wink::

High praise indeed given the previous outlook (- though he wasn’t wrong!).

2 Likes

And now the Owls have their own twitter account!

7 Likes