Forest Hill Pools [2020]

I had an induction to the gym last week, which was brilliant - really helpful. I understand that more machines are on their way, so it’s not a complete process yet. It would be great if this was communicated at the gym though - maybe some notices to that effect - and communicated via social media/website also? Also, could the machines have more instructions on them/by them, that explain how to use them, and could the gym instructors that work there wear something so that we know who they are - or maybe a staff photo/information panel to display this sort of information. All seems to be improving, but communicating what is being done seems to be a bit hit and miss!

4 Likes

changing rooms? showers? additional machines in gym?

Hi, the works for the showers.

2 Likes

Dear all

I have some good news. Alan Peel our Maintenance Manager managed to get the engineers to attend site a day early so we now have hot water. I’m sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue and i’d like to thank Alan for his hard work chasing this up daily over the last week.

We hope to have further news on the gym and defects issues in the near future.

Kind Regards
Steve

6 Likes

Hi Steve,

It is excellent to have hot water once again. Unfortunately out of the 3 poolside showers I tried yesterday, one was not working at all, one had a malfunctioning shower head and one worked properly.

Great to see things moving in the right direction, but it would be great if some spare parts could be ordered as the shower faults have been an issue for some time.

Many thanks

3 Likes

Does he/she have a name? I assumed you were the manager since you were apparently speaking on behalf of Fusion or Forest Hill Pools.

Please can you tell me where I can address this question for an answer? Can Forest Hill Pools introduce table tennis? A decent table costs less than £500. It could be bookable by the hour, and I think would be popular.

1 Like

Hi

Good idea on the table tennis table, we will have a look into it, I do like a game!

Her name is Mannie. I will ask her to join this network. I am actually the Business Manager so I have all of the sites in Lewisham.

The next session will be posted soon.

Thanks
Steve

3 Likes

I rather hope that the 1st floor showers will be fixed and the poolside showers put on a maintenance programme, before branching out into table tennis. Keeping an eye on the job in hand might be appropriate.

I say ‘in hand’ but the showers might be on the list of things not to do…?

3 Likes

Water in poolside showers only cool/lukewarm this morning. Told front desk, who didn’t know about it.

Here’s an idea. Why don’t they have a whiteboard behind reception with “current issues” in the centre? When things change, it could be updated. That way every user and staff member would know what’s going on.

3 Likes

Good Afternoon,

I am sorry to hear you felt the staff were unaware of the pool temperature error this morning.

We have escalated the problem to our technical manager who is currently on site rectifying this.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

OutlookEmoji-157962497776636034fd1-0d6c-475c-a84f-58436357fec3.png

···

Kind Regards

Mannie Carmichael** ** ** **| General
Manager

Forest Hill Pools

Fusion Lifestyle

Dartmouth Road

Forest Hill

London. SE23 3HZ

Mannie.Carmichael@fusion-lifestyle.com

www.fusion-lifestyle.com

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Mannie and thanks for your update.

Will anyone from the Pools / Fusion management team be attending the Forest Hill award assembly on Saturday?

2 Likes

Went to the pools today. Hot water but some of the pool showers not working and all but one of the hairdryers broken. Urgh.

Hi Dave, where is it taking place and what time? I will see what I can do!

All the info is here: Forest Hill Assembly - Saturday 8th Feb, Forest Hill Pools

1 Like

24 days ago Steve posted on this thread:

The Pools are on the Agenda, @SophieDavis has invited Lewisham Council’s officer responsible to attend and the Assembly is being held at the Pools. So I really hope you or whoever is the duty manager that day will attend.

3 Likes

Hi Pea, these have now been replaced!

3 Likes

Yes myself and Matthew Houghton (Divisional Sports & Community Development Manager) will be attending.

3 Likes

I have a query about the pool timetable. Is it a new thing that it’s Lane-only swim In the main pool on Sundays? There used to be family swim as well as lanes on Sundays in the main pool. Some confused looking kids in the pool foyer today…
I have emailed the pools, will see what response I get.

Hi Steve - I have just had the most unacceptable experience at FHP, with your team leader laughing in my face (3 times) calling me ‘love’ in a sarcastic fashion, trying to get his young colleagues pulled into the situation - utterly unacceptable - refusing to give me the name of the manager and telling me to leave when I asked what the complaints process is. Please can you provide an email address to enable me to contact you direct and outline the situation in full?

1 Like