Archived on 6/5/2022

Grounds and Grapes

anon5422159
21 Dec '17

Continuing the discussion from Grounds and Grapes [Now Hiring]:

anon5422159
21 Dec '17

Great to meet Lee and @LatoyahL finally and hear their plans. The photos do not do the place justice.

Meantime lager and APA on tap. Platters in the evening, brunches in the morning.

High hopes for Grounds and Grapes and delighted to see the Honor Oak high street grow.

HOPcrossbun
21 Dec '17

Looks great. Hopefully it will bring some more sophistication to the high street - and fortunately it looks like there isnt much room for prams :joy:

Adz
22 Dec '17

the big question that needs answering - how’s their coffee?

Latoyahl
26 Dec '17

Good Evening All,

Hope everyone had a lovely Xmas day. If you’re getting a little cabin fever after yesterday’s festivities, we are open this evening until 10pm

Latoyah x

Oddbob
27 Dec '17

How about tonight? Serving any food?

CHfigaro
27 Dec '17

It would be great to get an overview of the menu on here. And do you take reservations, if so how?

Nadia
28 Dec '17

I’m here now, first time.
Really nice atmosphere, relaxed and friendly.
They serve a cheese and charcuterie board and olives and bread in the evening, I’m not sure they’ll expand more than that for now. Apparently daytime will be more food/ cafe thing.
Very lovely staff, very nice English sparkling wine (makes a change from prosecco) and very smart and clean loo (haha, that’s quite important to me!).
Will be a regular!

Jerry
2 Jan '18

We had a great time in this new sophisticated feeling bar in Honor Oak Park - had to keep pinching ourselves that we were in SE23 and not in some swanky Soho establishment… It is great, the wine is fantastic, the staff are very welcoming and it has a really nice atmosphere. Yes, it took an age to open its doors, but I am very, very happy with the result.

Congratulations and a huge welcome to Grounds and and Grapes!

ajb
6 Jan '18

Went last night for a quick drink. The place was busy and the atmosphere was lively! The owners have obviously put a lot of effort into the place and it really shows. We’ll definitely be back… frequently! Hopefully this will be a catalyst for the other establishments in HOP to step up their game!

mickeymonkey
15 Jan '18

I am so very thrilled that the recently opened Grounds & Grapes is absolutely delightful! The strip at Honor Oak Park was in desperate need of somewhere stylish to drink…and I cried bitter tears at the dreadful and cringe worthy re-opening of the establishment a few doors down.

Grounds and Grapes you are so very welcome and I wish you every success.

CHfigaro
23 Feb '18

Just one visit thus far and just for drinks but the atmosphere, service and Alentejo red were sublime!

Adz
29 Mar '18

Have just seen via their Instagram that they have their coffee sorted and are opening from 9am tomorrow if anyone fancies a Good Friday cup of Joe.

anon5422159
29 Mar '18

Ozone Coffee, too - great choice by G&G

fran
29 Mar '18

I tried to go for a quick drink on my way home yesterday and it was shut! Shuts at 10 on a Wednesday :frowning:

Eskimoboy
29 Mar '18

No sign of opening times on the door or social media. No menus etc. It’s almost like they don’t want customers!

HOPcrossbun
29 Mar '18

Eskimoboy
29 Mar '18

Cool, that’s good to know. Google not always correct on opening times but if it’s 5-10pm most days at least I know when I can go and check it out…

Daisy75
30 Mar '18

Just having a delicious coffee and warm croissant in G&G. Lovely :blush:

Adz
30 Mar '18

Have to hand it to them. The coffee is very good. Lovely stuff.

Christopher
3 Apr '18

Never open in the morning/day time? A shame for a coffee shop!

Brett
3 Apr '18

They are having a soft launch for the coffee shop side of the business. They were open on Bank Holiday Monday, and I think plan to start to open at regular times from next week IIRC, 7am start. I enjoyed the coffee too and I think they will be a great daytime addition to the high street.

Anotherjohn
3 Apr '18

I love the way this business has done everything under their own terms and at their own pace.

Some people were up in arms about how long it took them to make the shop ready, but look at the difference in the quality of the place.

Now the opening times. Who the hell only opens from 5 until 10pm - it’s unheard of!

One carefully-considered step at a time.

It’s genius!

Class!

Jerry
4 Apr '18

I couldn’t agree more - its a really measured way of running things which has resulted in an extremely classy and stunning building. I absolutely love going in there, the wine and coffee are both sublime - and I was one of the doubters and am very happy to have been proved so very wrong.

Well done Ground and Grapes, the extremely friendly service and great products set you apart. An amazing addition to the Honor Oak parade.

Anotherjohn
16 Apr '18

IMG_5922What a place!
The shopfront may have been a bit bland(?) - but not after this beautiful touch of artistry!

IMG_5922|666x500IMG_5923

anon5422159
25 Apr '18

Today’s amazing display:

Really perks up the high street

bluefern
26 Apr '18

Maybe a bit much for my taste, I preferred the yellow only version

RachaelDunlop
26 Apr '18

A bit bizarre. I like the yellow one, but this is too much. Balloons? Just… no.

starman
26 Apr '18

LOL. My natural reaction when I see a Lush is to cross the road. It would probably be the same here.

Jerry
26 Apr '18

I like it as it brightens up the parade and it is certainly a bit different! I perhaps also preferred the yellow one, but I look forward to seeing version number three.

Must be better than an over-reliance on the colour brown, to which one bar in particular seems to have immersed itself in recent times…

Judith
26 Apr '18

I love it! Such beautiful displays every season.

anon5422159
18 May '18

Popped in this morning to try a takeaway coffee and pastry. The place was buzzing, which is great.

However, I was told there’d be a ten minute wait for a coffee! Goes without saying, that won’t be part of my daily commute. Shame.

Londondrz
18 May '18

Ask them to make one for you every day for pickup. I used to do that at the old From the Forest.

RachaelDunlop
18 May '18

Is it the commuter takeout trade they are after in the morning?

anon5422159
18 May '18

Evidently not…

Dave
18 May '18

Wholeheartedly agree with Chris. I’ve seen this sort of thing lately in other places, too. Just because something is crafted doesn’t mean it needs to be slow.

starman
18 May '18

Though one could equally suggest that if you want something crafted you shouldn’t expect it in a takeaway cup and consumed on the hoof. :wink:

anon5422159
1 Jun '18

Having returned a few times since, pleased to say the takeaway service is now pretty swift.

anon5422159
3 May '19