Archived on 6/5/2022

Havelock Walk Open Studios 2017

Ed
8 May '17

The artists and designers of Havelock Walk will once again be opening their studio doors as part of the Dulwich Festival over the next two weekends. We’ll be open between 11am and 6pm on 13th, 14th, 20th and 21st May.

Take a stroll down one of SE23’s most unique streets where you’ll find art, music, a raffle, food and ice cream!

For a behind-the-scenes look at what everyone is up to as they prepare for the weekend, follow HW on Twitter and Facebook.

PS. It could be your last chance to take a look around David Mach’s studio.
PPS. Look out for new artwork at the top of the street - work starts this Tuesday.
PPPS. If you have any good ideas for what do with the current banner, do let me know!

starman
8 May '17

So looking forward to this. We went to the last two and have returned home with wonderful additions to our new home in Forest Hill. It feels wonderful to exhibit local talent in our house.

Fishingcat
8 May '17

Is David Mach definitely leaving? Property listing says neighbours of whoever buys the place will include a Turner prize-nominated artist which I presume means David?

Ed
8 May '17

Hmm. It’s definitely his studio that’s for sale. Probably just estate agent wording unless there’s another Turner Prize nominee that I don’t know about!

Fishingcat
9 May '17

Ah that’s a shame! Do we know where he’s going?

Ed
9 May '17

Back to Scotland I think. You can ask him youself at the weekend :+1:

Blindbear
9 May '17

Come have a look at us on Pearcefield Avenue too we are just around the corner from Havelock walk. Blind Bear Designs.

starman
9 May '17

Those are gorgeous. Do you have a website @Blindbear?

Blindbear
9 May '17

Not yet starman, but we do have a Facebook page Blind Bear designs.

Ed
9 May '17

So the current artwork is gone, and the wall has been painted.

Can’t wait to see the new artwork, which is being created by Supermundane.

etchstudio23
10 May '17

Check out this youtube link to see the preparations for the new Havelock ‘Wall Art’

anon5422159
10 May '17

Hi @etchstudio23 and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

I have merged your post into the existing topic we have for the upcoming open days.

etchstudio23
10 May '17

Thank you!

Tessa

Adz
10 May '17

Looking good so far

anon5422159
10 May '17
Ed
11 May '17

Hidden Pizza are going to be on the street this weekend, serving pizza to the masses (hopefully). They are looking for an extra pair of hands to help, particularly on Saturday. Payment in cash and free pizza!

If you know anyone that might be interested in helping out, let me know!

UPDATE: Pizz-assistant now sorted. Thanks!

Pauline
12 May '17

I have booklets at the shop & so do a few other shops if anyone wants to pick one up :slight_smile:

There’s also booklets & guides at the library (if there’s any left) which I’ll top up this evening :+1:

anon5422159
12 May '17

:information_source: Individual businesses are welcome to introduce themselves (once) free of charge on SE23.life, and to respond to members about their business free of charge. However, there is a small fee for subsequent commercial posts.

All existing posts on this topic are welcome, but please bear in mind our guidelines for future posts.

anon5422159
13 May '17

:heart: :heart: :heart: the new mural:

photo by ModernMaker

starman
13 May '17

The mural is great.

It may be the weather, but today really didnt compare to last year. Lacking that buzz of people and a feeling that not quite as many studios open. Two were shut from which i bought from last year.

Maybe if the sun comes out.

Highly recommend the trip around the corner at the back of Sainsbury car park to Blind Bear. Some beautiful copper lamps, tables and candlesticks.

Ed
13 May '17

Definitely a slower start thanks to the weather. Very busy now though. Weather this evening looks pretty good, so hopefully a busy rest of the day too…

P.S. Would definitely recommend the pizzas.

Blindbear
13 May '17

Thanks Starman it was great to meet you.

anon5422159
14 May '17

Ed
18 May '17

A reminder that the Havelock Walk studios are open again this weekend as part of the Dulwich Festival. Catch us between 11am and 6pm.

Thanks to everyone that was able to make it down last weekend. Fingers crossed for another great weekend!

Pauline
18 May '17

Ed, I’m out of brochures & guides - If anyone has any left can you ask them to drop some to me for the shop & the library please :+1:

Ed
18 May '17

Will see if we have any left!

Ed
20 May '17

Unfortunately we don’t have any left @Pauline. We’ve resorted to using just our HW flyers.

Here till 6pm today and tomorrow. Food today from Mama Ganoush:

anon5422159
20 May '17

:heart:

Pauline
20 May '17

No problem Ed, Liz sent me up the last of the brochures yesterday - so I split them between the library this morning & my shop & there’s only a few left now :+1::+1:

anon5422159
21 May '17
anon5422159
24 May '17

Nice write-up of this year’s event:

starman
24 May '17

Written by @Rox and featuring her less significant other @LukeSlatford.

Rox
24 May '17

Thanks for sharing Jason :grin: Xx

Rox
24 May '17

I meant Chris! Thank you for sharing Chris. Thanks for tagging me Jason :grin:

system
23 Jul '17

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.