Archived on 6/5/2022

Looking for a dogwalker in the Forest Hill area

nadivto
29 May '17

Hello

I’m looking for someone local to walk my Shar-Pei doggy Arma who is almost 10 years old.

Arma has a lovely personality but is a bit shy so would best be walked solo (not with other dogs), and I’m not happy for her to be transported anywhere in a car or van. The walker would need to take her in the are close to our home (which is a 5min walk from Forest Hill station). She’s visually impaired which doesn’t affect her too much but the walker just needs to be a bit more assertive and careful when leading her. She’s friendly, supercalm and doesn’t have any issues with other dogs.

She needs to be walked (takes about 15-20min), fed and also given a quick ear clean (I’ll have to show how, it takes about 5min). Everything normally takes about 30-45min.

We typically need dog walks 2 evenings a week, sometimes 3, from about 7pm.
The days may differ - the way I’ve done in the past is to confirm the days of the week by Sunday the week before.

I’d prefer to find a regular walker, ofcourse after meeting them for a trial walk together and explaining any specifics.

A DBS check required!

Anyone here performing this type of service or who can recommend someone (other than Woofles mentioned in Dog walker recommendations ) ?

Flavia_Robles
31 May '17

Hello,I’m an experienced,honest,reliable and trustworthy. Please send me a text message and I can provide you my references.
Flavia : 07563361903
Thank you

nadivto
27 Jun '17

Hi everyone

We are still looking - anyone interested? Recommendations are welcome.
A DBS check is still a requirement though.

Thank you !

RachaelDunlop
27 Jun '17

Have you tried Crystal Palace Pet Sitters? They may be able to help. If they can’t do it themselves, they have a good knowledge of local dog walkers and may be able to point you in the right direction. I wasn’t able to to find anyone willing to do one-on-one walking once my dog was out of puppy-dom. It’s rarely economical for walkers to do it. So while I understand you want someone with references, insurance etc, you may have more luck with someone who is not a professional walker. Another option for you might be Borrow My Doggy.

nadivto
27 Jun '17

Thanks a lot for the advice, Rachel!

I had found someone but they unfortunately fell through.

Will contact Crystal Palace Pet Sitters, I’m registered with BorrowMyDoggy too but would ideally prefer to find someone reliable as a service long-term.

I wouldn’t mind someone less experienced, I’ve been using dogwalkers for over 3 years now but just new to the area. I’ve used an agency I wasn’t too happy with and then found two amazing people via tailster.com. There are way less people offering that service in SE23 compared to the previous area we lived in (Battersea), which surprises me. The DBS check is a requirement from my landlady.

Thanks again, hope your pup is doing good!

Edd
27 Jun '17

Would you be willing to pay for insurance to cover your dog
walker? I have been DBS checked, but I am not a professional walker, so I would not be covered, if Arma had an accident while out with me.

RachaelDunlop
27 Jun '17

Good luck, I hope you find someone. If I come across anyone on my doggy-travels that might be suitable I’ll be sure to let you know!

nadivto
27 Jun '17

Hi Edd

Thanks for messaging!

Most of the dogwalkers I’ve used over the years haven’t had specific insurance. Arma does have health insurance though, I could potentially look into extending it but wouldn’t see it as a requirement necessarily.

Would you mind emailing me at nadia@nadivto.com to discuss details, or give me your mobile? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Spark6
7 Jul '17

Mydogbuddy also

Timmo44
3 Aug '17

I am familiar with this dog walking service (because I’m married to her) All insured CRB/DRB checked etc. If you are still stuck for one. Our own dog is a deerhound so used to larger breeds. We are just off of Perry Hill so near to FH.

www.dearhounds.net

nadivto
3 Aug '17

Unfortunately, my lovely doggy Arma passed away and I’m no longer needing the service.

Thanks a lot to everyone for your replies.

Timmo44
3 Aug '17

Oh I am really sorry to hear that. You obviously really looked after her and a kind owner is all any dog would wish for in their life.