New: Forest Cafe and Bistro

Does anyone know if this new place is going to be occupied by the Big Breakfast (people at least)? Or did the plans we saw not come to fruition?

ah I see I may have given the impression that this is not the Big Breakfast people - no they move in in about 2-3 weeks and their old premises will become Ibo’s barbers. It remains to be seen what aspects of the menu actually change along with the name, but the interior looks like it will be great.

4 Likes

Foodie quarter? Perry Village?? Have I missed a Brixton Village style rebrand??

10 Likes

oh yes. happening right here.

1 Like

For all those foodies - yes, it’s the Big Breakfast cafe. it’s moved to the left, while Ibo’s barbers have moved into their old space. It’s a good idea, although I wouldn’t be holding your breath for artisan sourced Norfolk wild truffles.

4 Likes

Hi everyone, Good news for new cafe & bistro in #foresthill #SE23 will opening soon, opening hours as usual 7am and closing time 8pm… with new menu for the residents, they added kebabs cooked on barbecue grill…! Warmly

Welcome everyone

Uploading: IMG_20200314_201115_487.jpg…

13 Likes

I see the Bistro is applying for an alcohol licence, between 10:00 and 19:30 daily (18:30 Sunday) which I hope means they are going to be even more upscale than the old but much loved cafe.

I’m looking forward to seeing the menu soon!

Looks a bit generic, sad they couldn’t keep some of the original external features like the glossy tiles :frowning:

Sauces out on the tables. Opening on Monday.

1 Like

What a time for the relaunch. But menu looks good and some of us in Perry Village are big fans of Eggs Florentine on sourdough. In for breakfast very soon.

3 Likes

Also a much extended range of grilled foods inc steaks and fish.

2 Likes

Menu looks great! Maybe they could sell gift vouchers? So the local community could support whilst isolating? I’d gladly treat the husband to a breakfast for the non quarantined date in the future

2 Likes

Or take away. Keeps the business going whilst keeping away from crowded places.

6 Likes

Oooh - I almost missed that the post up above has added pictures of food and all sides of the menu, which has a children’s section too!

2 Likes

Yep, they do do take away.

I just had a nice panini and fairly good Cappuccino from there to help with home working. Fast and friendly service too. This could become a regular thing!

It seems reasonably busy this lunchtime, given the circumstances, though there were still plenty of free tables (outside too).

2 Likes

Must have been there at the same time. We sat outside in the sun. Eggs Florentine did not disappoint.

2 Likes

I was on the lookout, but I didn’t see anyone with a viking helmet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic! Good veggie options and so close! Will definitely be trying out their breakfasts soon.

2 Likes

Ah yes - today is not a ceremonial occasion. St Patrick’s day doesn’t count.

1 Like

Dear Residents
The Forest Cafe and Bistro Restaurant, are close our premises for while against COVID-19, from government order, we will re-open in future notice, thanks for your patience and very appreciated, be safe and healthy,
Take care all yourself

Regards
Forest Cafe & Bistro

6 Likes