17 Apr '19

Previous Recommendations 2016-2018:

Tradesman Contact Recommended By*
Jason Email @BovillBunny @RachaelDunlop @Nick_Nash
John 07578 256628 @anon5422159 @Cara @Pea
Dan Chambers Website @tandytwo
Daniel Espinoza 07807 055190 @HOPcrossbun

*only verified members shown

:information_source: this is a wiki post, so if you can improve this info (e.g. a trader has shut down), please edit this post.

Please reply to this topic if you have further recommendations.

Gillipops
18 May '19

I highly recommend Tom - he’s highly professional & not a bish bosh, slap dash worker. On our building he has spent days and days preparing, rubbing down, refilling, rendering and putting right a rather dodgy job that was done a few years ago. That is before he even started the paintwork - he’s taken everything right back and used the right products for the job, he doesn’t cut corners and really knows his trade. Trustworthy, honest and reasonably priced. He’s sorted out the scaffolding & can also mend sash windows.
T.M Smith decorating - Interior & Exterior decorator. Residential & Commercial Properties. Thomas Smith 07944 177952. tsmith77@hotmail.co.uk

Devster
10 Aug '19

We just used a chap called Oscar for painting and decorating the main areas of our house.

Couldn’t recommend him highly enough. Very friendly and did a fantastic job. Quite reasonable as well.

If anyone would like his details let me know

anon27836993
2 Sep '19

If anyone is looking to revamp there Home or Business… whatever the reason be!! I know a great Painter & Decorator.
He hard working and takes pride in his work.
The Gentleman’s name is Mark.

librarysarah
5 Sep '19

Yes please.

wattsicle
7 Sep '19

Yes please too!

anon27836993
7 Sep '19

Estelle
7 Sep '19

We’re usual Elliott’s decorators at the moment. They’ve been amazing. https://m.facebook.com/pg/ElliottsDecorators/reviews/

bcam
5 Feb '20

We recently had 2 large lounge walls painted by ZAL THE PAINTER… twice, as we changed our mind on colour, and he was fantastic. Friendly, accommodating, super tidy and an excellent and accurate paint job. Materials were provided at cost price with receipts and the work was very competitive.

A very professional job done by a lovely guy.
His number is : 07796 719934

SE23Northener
20 Sep '20

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone can recommend a painter who can do smaller jobs. I have some exterior woodwork and masonry painting that needs doing. It’s not a long job so it’s hard to find someone who’s interested.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

clausy
20 Sep '20

Hi @SE23Northener welcome to the forum - I’ve moved your post over into the Painter Recommendations thread - hopefully you find someone. I have a young chap working over at my place right now - he might be happy to do a small job - he pops in on the occasional weekend for a few hours to do some work at my place - I’ll ask him and then PM you if you like.

Aminomal
28 Sep '20

Hi dear give a call to Merouane on
07368 258527 Highly recommended great handyman all sorts of maintenance painter and carpenter for a reasonable price

Selbe
8 Oct '20

Yes, please! could you please DM me his number? many thanks!

PhilyG
21 Oct '20

Hi All

Giving back now, as I’ve relied on recommendations from this forum so hoping this will help others.

We used Martin Dixon of Prodec Construction (07507 353 009) to decorate our 4 bed apartment in Forest Hill, including painting of walls, woodwork and hanging wallpaper.

Martin was competitively priced and his team did a great job whilst being super quick and went above and beyond.

Couldn’t recommend them highly enough.

Thanks
Philip

DavidB
2 Nov '20

Thank you for this. We used Zal to decorate a bedroom this weekend - he was great. Work was to a high standard, quote was good value and he fitted our work in quickly around other jobs.

Pea
7 Apr '21

Hi all. After a recommendation for a painter to do around a day’s work. Anyone used anyone good recently? Thanks

Amy
10 Apr '21

Hi Pea, We just had our lounge completely redecorated by Tom Smith (tsmith77@hotmail.co.uk). Him and his team were excellent, went above and beyond to fix lots of cracks and old lining paper and stayed late to make sure everything was done on time despite all the extra fiddly bits that popped up. Would highly recommend and really nice guys.

Pea
10 Apr '21

Thank you. Will drop him an email.

Pea
13 May '21

We ended up using John recommended at the top here. Lovely guy who quoted a day rate rather than by job. A number of others counted each little touch up as a separate job which ended up very expensive whereas John’s pragmatic approach made him very competitive.

Work all done and super please.

BenForest
21 May '21

Just had Zal the Painter and his assistant in my house decorating two bedrooms and a bathroom. Amazing job, barely knew they were here. One room involved four different colours and wallpaper. As others have said they spend a lot of time prepping and the results look fantastic. Thanks to those who recommended them.

Bolgerp
8 Jun '21

Hi all.

I’m looking for a painter/decorator to prepare/renovate and paint exterior white window sills/masonry etc.

I’d also like to get the pebble dash exterior cleaned. It doesn’t need to be painted for a few years yet, but could do with a decent scrub. However, I have no idea if that is something that the painter could do as well? Would be ideal if it could be done at the same time by someone who knows what they are doing!

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.

Suze
8 Jun '21

We have just had these guys in to remove paint off brickwork, clean, repoint and repaint the masonary.
They were amazingly good, punctual, did a very difficult job extremely well, polite and incredibly helpful - couldn’t recommend them enough.

Ask for Lee or Michael
UK Performance Restoration LTD

We are UK PerformanceRestoration Ltd – brick cleaning, brick pointing, stone restoration and paint removal contractors based in London.

liquidH
10 Jun '21

Neil Ogilvie 07979 685129

Very pleasant and affable person with extreme care and skill in the work he does. Is able to estimate the materials and time required for the job accurately. One large room with built-in cupboards done professionally.

ASD
16 Aug '21

Hi everyone - another recommendation for John here (07578 256628). We found his details on this thread, and he painted the interior of our house over three weeks. He did an absolutely amazing job, which included some replastering work, wallpapering, and a stunning mural for a future nursery. He was very frank about costs and incredibly easy to have around our house.

We were also really impressed that he helped us out with some additions while he was here (adding door springs to protect the paint, fixing squeaky doors), and left everything really tidy every evening. Highly recommended.