Archived on 6/5/2022

Police to pro-actively tackle Halloween “Ride Outs”

anon5422159
29 Oct '18

Continuing the discussion from Moped Mafia strikes again:

Good news: looks like the police will clamp down on the ridiculous Halloween Ride Out this year:

anon86223367
29 Oct '18

Totally unenforceable

anon5422159
29 Oct '18

We’ll see. The police have deployed some new and pretty firm-handed tactics on the moped mafia. I expect they’ll have a pretty solid response for the Ride Out too. Hopefully some stingers.

anon86223367
30 Oct '18

By all means, going for the morons that want to ruin people’s evenings by riding on pavements and ignoring road traffic laws is fair enough.

But indiscriminately targeting those who aren’t causing any problems and are riding out together as like minded individuals is ridiculous.

Londondrz
30 Oct '18

Ross, I used to go on ride out’s. We kept within the law. The Halloween ride outs dont really do so. Please Google UK Halloween ride outs, lots on there including http://www.bikelife.tv/tag/halloween-rideout/

I am sure the police have better things to do than target bikers riding around not causing an issue. However, when it comes to large groups up to no good, why shouldn’t they be targeted?

Luke30
31 Oct '18

yup agree. I go on ride outs with friends but I want to get out of London as quickly as possible onto some nice twisties. …but Halloween ride in London - no chance. The problem is they are like minded people because they all want to act like numpties and thats their sole purpose. Getting any type of insurance around here is getting harder and harder so the more the police can do to put off these people off the better.

Londondrz
31 Oct '18

Couldn’t agree with you more. These are hooligans who happen to use scooters, bikes and quads.

InTheNightGarden
31 Oct '18

Totally agree with you. Live and let live.

Londondrz
31 Oct '18

Yeah, live and let live!

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/halloween-rideout-dozens-of-masked-bikers-cause-carnage-on-east-london-streets-a3670981.html

InTheNightGarden
31 Oct '18

Let’s put my comments in context shall we? This is what I was agreeing…[quote=“Ross, post:4, topic:10661”]
But indiscriminately targeting those who aren’t causing any problems and are riding out together as like minded individuals is ridiculous
[/quote]

anon86223367
31 Oct '18

Dozens out of the thousands that are going out tonight. Says it all.

No doubt that other ride outs by predominantly white middle class groups won’t receive this kind of harassment.

Londondrz
31 Oct '18

In that case fair enough.

Londondrz
31 Oct '18

Absolute rubbish. Tell me Ross, with balaclavas, helmets and riding gear how do the police pick and choose between white and black bikers.

I have heard some pretty inventive ways to play the race card but this takes the biscuit.

anon5422159
31 Oct '18

Lets keep comments on race and class out of this please.

anon86223367
31 Oct '18

Ok. I’ll try again.

I doubt groups like the Triumph owners club or Porsche owners clubs receive this level of harassment when they organise meets ups or ride/drive outs.

Londondrz
31 Oct '18

I very much doubt either of those clubs ride, or drive, in the manner shown in Halloween Rideout’s Ross. I can’t remember seeing a 911 riding the wrong way up a road driven by a balaclavas wearing driver filled by a couple of 944’s and Boxeters. Maybe you have.

As for Triumphs, most don’t make more than half a mile before breaking down.

So are you going on the ride out Ross?

anon86223367
31 Oct '18

Not tonight. My poor cub is with the mechanic at the moment and I’ve got a ticket to the Chelsea game.

Luke30
31 Oct '18

No chance the Triumph Owners Club will be riding in London on Halloween… As a biker - riding in London especially south eat London has no appeal - you do it to get from a-b… If you organise a ride out you do it to get out of London . Why go out on halloween? why not go out tomorrow ?.. is it to be a nuisance and intimidate people?.. If you don’t ride like a plonker don’t see why you would worry.

Sherwood
31 Oct '18

They used to have bike rides somewhere in Croydon. I think they have stopped them now because someone got killed.