Restaurant deliveries in Forest Hill

recommendations

Quite fancied a takeaway tonight with someone who delivers. Was keen to try Bona Pizza but sad to see they are not open on Monday’s.

Any suggestions? I’d rather have something other than run of the mill chicken or pizza… unless it is exceptional chicken or pizza. Same for Indian or Chinese. What really great local restaurants also deliver?

Signed lazy in FH.

Recommended shops and services in SE23

I’d highly recommend Babur for gourmet Indian. There are two options for takeaway - food from their restaurant, or food from their dedicated takeaway place, which I think is down the road.

Definitely go for the restaurant:

https://order.babur.info

Try the 100-hour marinaded lamb. It’s incredible.

Oh… that looks amazing. Though I’m not sure @Bolgerp will go for Indian tonight. Any other thoughts?

Does deliveroo deliver to your street? Burgers from the flying pig are tasty. But you need to be the se22 side of se23 I think.

Sadly no. Enjoyed Deliveroo at my last home but sadly not in this part of SE23.

What did you get? In laws here tonight and need to get takeaway. Curry is out for them. And I don’t want pizza.

What about Tse just past Sainsburys, I can recommend the crispy noodles with beef & black bean sauce (not on the menu but will do if you ask) & the dim sum.

Also if you can pick up I know The Signal do delivery via deliveroo, so would probably let you have take away :slight_smile:

Juicis. Favourite fom just eat. Geat burgers but slow delivery

Recently tried delivery from Saka Maka http://www.sakamaka.co.uk/ after someone on the SE23 Mums facebook group recommended it. It was fantastic – not your standard curry house, more Bombay style street food (think Dishoom!).

Thanks - I was wondering what they were like.

Ate there on a whim these evening. What a brilliant find - reasonably priced; super fresh and tasty street-food style dishes; friendly staff. Place was absolutely buzzing, especially as nearby Masala Wala and Bite Mi are closed on Mondays.

Saka Maka is a wholly different experience to Babur, much more casual, but I enjoyed it just as much.

Indian restaurants

I ordered Sakamaka a couple of weeks ago, it was good. Unfortunately it seems that they have limited their delivery area to SE23 1, SE23 2, SE23 3 and SE23 9, which counts me out now.

if I were getting a takeaway from there tonight, what should i order?

We enjoyed the chicken and lamb currys. Decent kick and flavours. Seekh kebab was nothing to write home about

Two brothers fish and kebab bar in Lordship lane deliver the best fish and chips around to SE23. And the chicken shish kebabs are beautiful.

One of the truly tough deliveries. I gather batter and chips are still hot and crisp? Who delivers them?

One of the shop workers delivers if you phone them direct on 02082995863. Never had a bad meal from there. Fish and chips is delivered in cardboard boxes so the batter stays crisp, and the ‘real’ chip shop chips are lovely. Sometimes there is 30-45 minutes for a delivery, but well worth it. Menu here: https://twobrothersfishbarandkebab.co.uk/menu

Interesting. They have very mixed reviews for deliveries via Just Eats. I wonder if they prioritise deliveries placed directly with them.

Does the batter fish have skin on it? I don’t mind but it’s a big no-no for my OH.

A good fish and chip shop with delivery would be great, Reading some of the reviews for this place does’nt sound great. Waiting 2hrs for a takeaway isnt on/ even in a busy period.

Remember, majority of reviewers only write if they have a beef about a business. We have been using them for 4-5 years and not had a complaint. I always ask delivery times, and sometimes they say it will be up to an hour. Worth a try.