Archived on 6/5/2022

SE23’s Top of The Tweets - Spring 2017

SE23.life
17 Mar '17

Let’s find out which local Twitter accounts SE23 loves the most:

Vote for up to four of your favourites (based on their tweets, not what they represent):

The above were nominated by SE23.life users and are displayed in order of popularity (number of followers)

Poll closes next Friday when the winner(s) will be announced :tada:

:warning: We will be watching out for people voting for their own accounts - beware!

anon5422159
17 Mar '17
Pauline
17 Mar '17

That was tough to just choose 4, but I managed it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I didn’t vote for any accounts I manage or am directly or indirectly involved in :+1:

AndyS
17 Mar '17

STOP EVERYTHING! Cease voting! Suspend the poll! We have to stop and start again.

We forgot to include @se_sinkhole

anon5422159
17 Mar '17

It’s YOU isn’t it Andy! We were wracking our brains as to who owns that account!

AndyS
17 Mar '17

100% absolutely not. TBH I almost wish it were me, as it’s so amusing - but no. Not guilty, m’lud.

Pauline
17 Mar '17

Add,add,add please @anon5422159 I love that account :grin:

anon5422159
17 Mar '17

Too late I’m afraid. Once a poll has been started and has received its first vote, the options can’t be edited. It’s a feature of the software, to ensure fair poll results. I’d definitely add the sinkhole if I could. It was a great account!

Pauline
18 Mar '17

Come on!

Pump up the jam for #FHFW & #FHArts peeps

I refuse to vote for myself, but you can :rofl:

ETA I’ll do the dance if I win :hugs::hugs::hugs:

anon5422159
21 Mar '17

Given the voting will be biased toward accounts that voters follow, it might be interesting to factor in the follower count here (that is, divide the number of votes by the size of the following)?

starman
21 Mar '17

That might work better if you get to 3,000 voters. Weighting based on 13 voters may not work so well.

RachaelDunlop
21 Mar '17

I haven’t voted because I find it hard to pick a favourite among twitter accounts that are points of information rather than anything more entertaining. They are all useful and interesting, and it’s good to see them listed here. But I don’t really have favourites as such.

starman
21 Mar '17
anon5422159
24 Mar '17

Our top three so far:

Congrats @FHSoc! I’ll leave the poll running and have linked to it from our “info for new residents” page as it’s a handy list of local Twitter accounts to follow.

anon5422159
29 Apr '17

Forest Hill Society still leading. Moving up the rankings: @SE23LDN

Any clues as to who runs this account?

anon5422159
22 Sep '17