Shannon's Garden Centre

http://www.shannonsgardencentre.co.uk

Lovely family run business - very friendly if you make the effort!
Henry Shannon who started it has just passed on so they have been shut for a few days.
This reminds me to pop by and offer my respects.

Calling all Cat Spotters of SE23

Thank you! I have lived here 25 years and never knew. Sorry to hear about the owner. I don’t drive, but I am garden mad and my only options (I thought) were Homebase and Savacentre. Is it up near the fire station? I need to plant some bulbs in sept/oct so I will be sure to visit.

Here is Shannon’s. Handily also located by a Travis Perkins and a Maplin.

Thanks for that! I will visit soon to buy my bulbs for Spring flowers!

The Garden Centre has been in Forest Hill longer than most of us.

I got this email as I am on their mailing list so passing it on. They should have reopened by now.

Dear Customers & Friends,

We would like to inform you all of the sad news that our dear father Henry ‘Bob’ Shannon passed away on 17th July 2017.

Although he was a good age at 86 he had not been ill and so this was a great shock to all of us.
As many of you know - our father opened our Garden Centre in 1989 and worked with us until his retirement.
He then went back to live in his beloved hometown of Loughrea in Co Galway where he was so bored he started working again and did not stop until he was 83. He has been living here in Sydenham near to all of us, his 4 children, for the last 18 months and you may have seen him on his frequent visits to the shop to check up on us !

We are a family business and have carried on opening the shop since he passed as that is what he would want us to do.

However his funeral will be held at the end of this week and we feel, in honour of his memory and to enable us to celebrate his life with our relatives, we will now need to close the Garden Centre.

So we would like to inform you that the shop will be closed from the close of business 5 pm on Wednesday 2nd August 2017 and will reopen on Monday 7th August 2017 at 9 am.

Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time,

The Shannon Family
Bernard, Linda , Paul & Mary-Clare