I was just pondering the routine little pleasures that make me feel happy to live here, and thought I’d share a few:
- seeing friendly cats on my commute and stopping to fuss each one
- discovering the views from our parks on a quiet evening, alone and in total silence (not even the hum of traffic can be heard from Blythe Hill Fields)
- sitting in St David’s with a flat white by the window
- Mamma Dough’s New Yorker (not on the regular menu but they’ll generally whip one up if you ask)
- finally meeting (in real life) the people I’ve chatted with online for years on various local forums
Those are some of my favourites. How about yours?