Archived on 6/5/2022

Two Spoons

TwoSpoons
16 Feb '17

Hi lovely people of SE23.life,

We would love to invite you to our new cosy coffee shop by day and even cosier cocktail bar by evening called Two Spoons (formerly known as Hop Scotch).

We feel extremely passionate about our community bringing you only the very best of our SE community. This is why we partnered up with Peckham’s delicious “Butchers Block” to bring you fresh meats, Peckham’s “Eastern Block” to bring you Eastern European pop-up kitchen (Every Friday & Saturday 6pm-10pm), Brockley’s “Coopers Bake House” to bring you fresh bread and we are also collaborating with local bakers to bring you fantastic selection of cakes.

In the evening (from 6pm) we turn into a cocktail bar whilst still retaining the same idea that we have in the day. The idea is simply to bring you something new and delicious. We have a wide selection of craft and classic gins, from distilleries as close as Peckham and as far as the US. We have carefully crafted different serves for you to try and perhaps discover a combination that you’ve never had before. If you not a big fan of gin, don’t worry! We also offer a lovely selection of wines, craft beers and cocktails. On top of our drinks you can try our in-house fusion kitchen.

Hope to see you soon!

Two Spoons Luca & Rosie

P.S. For bookings please call 0208699 8998 or email hello@twospoons-cafebar.co.uk

CHfigaro
16 Feb '17

Good luck - will pop in to try it out at some point soon

Brett
16 Feb '17

I don’t think they are actually open yet. At least were not this lunchtime. @TwoSpoons ?

anon5422159
16 Feb '17

Great stuff Luca and Rosie - can’t wait to try this. Think it might be right up @Liz_Hall’s street too!

For those wondering about the location:

I have submitted an update to Google Maps to get the name changed from “Hopscotch” to “Two Spoons” on their site.

Michael
16 Feb '17

Can’t let @anon5422159 have all the fun, so I’ve updated openstreetmap.

queenk
16 Feb '17

OMG Im so excited!

TwoSpoons
16 Feb '17

Thank you everyone for the support!

We’ll be open tomorrow however we’re not sure about the time yet, we just putting the last finishing touches. We’ll definitely be open in the evening as the food pop up is on. :slight_smile:

Irmani_Smallwood
17 Feb '17

Just been in for a quick drink - refurb is beautiful, what a great job. The loo redesign also a huge improvement. Bravo guys!

Pauline
17 Feb '17

Good luck with your new venture, I wish you all the best of luck :+1::+1:

anon5422159
18 Feb '17

Two Spoons is on the map!

TwoSpoons
18 Feb '17

Thank you! Very glad you like the refurb! :slight_smile:

FowlMouths
18 Feb '17

Congratulations @TwoSpoons! Ibe seen first-hand how passionate you are & excited to have you new & improved. Will be in soon :kissing_heart:

Jerry
20 Feb '17

Left a little underwhelmed by the refurb, but enjoyed the improved customer service and always great coffee. Dare I suggest you think about changing the (in my opinion) rather poor artwork?

TwoSpoons
20 Feb '17

Hello Jerry,

thank you for the feedback and suggestion! :slight_smile:
I’m glad you enjoyed the improved customer service and the coffee. Reg the artwork, It comes from a local person however we’ll likely change it in a couple of months.

Lau
26 Feb '17

Really glad to see the place nice and busy when I popped in last weekend for a coffee and cake. Carrot cake was ideal - moist and citrusy. Personally found the coffee to be disappointing though; milky and nothing like the flat white I’d ordered.

Will try again though as hoping it was a one off! :slight_smile:

queenk
2 Mar '17

Agree! artwork in there is terrible!

TwoSpoons
2 Mar '17

it seems like we are not very good at choosing artwork! :smile: :smile:

We’ll have a look for something different. :slight_smile:

Londondrz
2 Mar '17

I saw this earlier and had not realised that FH was awash with art critics. I would obviously be interested if eating at an art gallery but a pub, meh, not so much.

FHGinClub
2 Mar '17

Artwork aside, @TwoSpoons has a fantastic gin selection and offers an exclusive Gin Club members discount.

RachaelDunlop
2 Mar '17

As an art historian by training I’m intrigued at just how ‘bad’ this art can be. St David often have some very idiosyncratic art, but I’ve not seen any complaints.

It’s a coffee shop, not an art gallery. Drop your eyes and drink your coffee! :wink:

Brett
2 Mar '17

Yes, this is very much in the ‘nice to have’ category. While the artwork is not to my taste either, it doesn’t put me off going there. In fact, there is a café in Dulwich which has had much worse art on the walls but this does not seem to have harmed their business at all.

starman
2 Mar '17

Having heard some members thoughts on architecture and art I would think this bodes well for the choices made by @twospoons.

anon5422159
2 Mar '17

I bet all this talk about @TwoSpoons’s artwork is making a few locals curious too. Hopefully will bring more customers to them.

Foresthillnick
2 Mar '17

All this talk of bad art makes me want to go visit but really it’s just an excuse for me and OH to go and drink gin. Good art - bad art … whatever. Good beer and gin however and I am in.

Brett
2 Mar '17

Yes, well at the end of the day, if it makes you talk about it, with gin in hand or not, it is art. :wink:

LukeSlatford
3 Mar '17

You cant keep everyone happy in life :slight_smile:

Joncocteau
3 Mar '17

How about asking the gallery down the road if they have anything they might consider displaying in Two Spoons, still for sale of course!

anon5422159
6 May '17

A post was merged into an existing topic: Singaporean Street Food Pop Up on Fridays and Saturdays

anon5422159
18 May '17

Great turnout for @FHGinClub at @TwoSpoons this eve!

FHGinClub
19 May '17

Great pictures Chris! Which gin was your favourite?

anon5422159
19 May '17

Cheers for putting on a good evening! Death’s Door was my personal favourite (I like aniseed flavours).

FHGinClub
19 May '17

Your cheers should go to @TwoSpoons. We mostly just turned up.

TwoSpoons
19 May '17

We’re really enjoyed the event! Thank you for coming :slight_smile:

Garfield
14 Jun '17

Couldn’t resist popping in tonight for a quick beer in the sunshine on the way home from work. Staff were lovely and the beer (Beavertown Neck Oil on tap) was excellent. One obviously turned in to two, a lovely journey home…

anon5422159
18 Jul '17

Nice article about Luca, the co-owner of @TwoSpoons:

Via @HonorOakPark

anon5422159
15 Mar '18

Had a cracking evening in Two Spoons tonight, trying their new bespoke cocktail menu, where every cocktail has a local theme.

The Boris Karloff, for example, is named after the (stage name of the) actor who played Frankenstein, and who lived on Forest Hill Road:

The care and attention to detail is just lovely:

Drinking by candlelight in a buzzy local bar - I never imagined doing this when I first moved into Honor Oak five years ago.

Well done to Luca and Rosie for turning this venue into a real local treasure.