Archived on 6/5/2022

Washing machine repair

Billie
24 Jun '19

Hi Folks. Our washing machine has suddenly decided to spring a leak and we can’t find an obvious cause. Can anyone recommend someone to look at it/repair if possible? Thanks.

anon5422159
24 Jun '19

Hi Billie, you may find some of the recommendations here are relevant: Dishwasher repair?

Billie
24 Jun '19

Thanks very much Chris. Will contact the spin doctor.

Grin71
25 Jun '19

We have used Sergio, he was recommended by a number of people on Mummy’s Gin Fund. A man of few words, he was a life saver and sorted us out pronto…and we didn’t have to sell a kidney to pay for it. 07973 518 587

Billie
1 Jul '19

Thanks very much for your suggestions. However we established we’d had this one nine years so John Lewis sorted us out on Saturday.

Pea
9 Dec '20

Our just out of warranty washer-dryer has today stopped drying… not ideal with two muddy young kids and slow inside drying over winter.

Any recommendations that won’t charge the earth for what I hope is a quick fix?

Thanks

Beige
9 Dec '20

I only ever hear one name mentioned in this situation… ‘The Spin Doctor’

I have no experience of him, but is often recommended on SE23 Mums facebook. I looked it up against his phone number and this is the website https://londonspindoctor.com

ForestHull
10 Dec '20

Everyone says Spin Doctor here too: Washing Machine Repair

Let us know how you get on @pea and it you are totally stuck we could probably do you a load or two!

Pea
10 Dec '20

That’s very kind! Luckily we have a dehumidifier going to speed things along at the moment but there is nothing quite like the first world struggle of pegging up 30 pairs of socks :crazy_face:

Bolgerp
19 Apr '22

Our washing machine door latch is broken and won’t open. I’ve tried various suggestions I found online (checked the filter, checked it’s fully drained, resetting, the string trick/credit card trick etc.) but to no avail. And it feels looser than usual so it’s definitely the latch and not a fault with the electrics. I usually use The Spin Doctor as he is amazing. But he’s on holidays. :cry:

Before I start going through Checkatrade, does anyone have a local repair service recommendation other than The Spin Doctor?