Pedestrian Crossing Forest Hill Station x Perry Vale

perry-vale

Hi everyone,

We’ve just moved to the area and we absolutely love it here! The parks are gorgeous and the we love the neighbourhood vibe. There is just one thing that we’ve noticed in our daily commute and that is that it’s quite hard (red. dangerous) to cross Perry Vale road towards the station or tunnel. We’re wondering if you feel the same? And if so, if someone is already working on getting a pedestrian crossing there?

If you guys think the same, and there is not yet a proposal, we wouldn’t mind writing one to the council.

We thought that the best location for a new pedestrian crossing would be:

Option 1: On the right hand side when you exit the tunnel.
Option 2: Between the tunnel and the station.
Option 3: In front of the station

Our preferred options is Option 2 since we think this will cover the biggest density of pedestrian traffic (both people crossing towards the tunnel and people crossing to go to the station) We like option 3 as well, however we think it might be tricky since its in the curve of the road.

It would be great to hear your thoughts, tips, experiences etc. We think we could build a stronger case if more people are supporting this idea. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
MaddieAn

recently saw online (below) that there is a planning proposal to Lewisham Council convert the All-in-One pub into a hotel with a bar / pub franchise on the ground floor. Maybe a better crossing option has been included ?

It’s a topic that’s been discussed many times before - I think this thread was the last time (and includes various links to the various for/against arguments)

Ace! thanks. I’ll have a read :slight_smile:

there is another story thread in this forum on the proposed hotel development - Perry Vale 66 room hotel…

np. It’s an idea that certainly isn’t lacking for support within the community, but seems to need someone to successfully challenge the councils view that it’s not an appropriate site for a formal crossing before it can go any further.

Oh, and welcome to the area by the way! :smiley:

I agree that there should be a pedestrian crossing on Perry Vale and I’d also go further by recommending a speed camera for Perry Rise. I walk up it to Forest Hill station and every morning cars travel up it at excessive speed.

Hi Marka, thanks for replying. I had a look at hotel proposal and I didn’t find a pedestrian proposal in there. I’ve attached the PDF for you. DC_18_108902-DAS-722987.pdf (4.5 MB)

I agree that there should be a crossing.
I think there was a pedestrian refuge in the middle of the road before the recent development. So crossing is now more dangerous.