Supporting local business in SE23

Hello all

It’s a worrying time for everyone but I know that it’s going to be particularly hard for small businesses. I thought it might be an idea to have a thread to discuss what is open in Se23 and how we can help by using there services.

I’ll start!

Sushi Garden is on Deliveroo now with 10% discount. Delish if you haven’t been or tried it. Not sure if the restaurant is open.

Rise Cafe are open and are doing take away. I’m taking my husband for breakfast tomorrow.

I wonder if anyone knows of anywhere locally that does vouchers? I love eating out and where it isn’t possible at present I’d like to support restaurants.

Thanks all

Estelle

9 Likes

Forest Cafe & Bistro is open and does take aways.

3 Likes

We are OPEN as usual, We have 10% off on all Take aways,

7 Likes

Kirkdale bookshop is open and also taking enquiries by email/ phone.

4 Likes

Anyone know if @Shannonsgc are still open?

Lazy chef open for the rest of the week and doing take away (the turkish flat bread breakfast is awesome)

3 Likes

I think I saw on Twitter Shannons garden centre is open at the moment

2 Likes

Right you are:

Hi everyone!

We are definitely still open as usual and will be until the government advises us otherwise or if we do not have the staff to open!

We are very very busy- selling lots of vegetable seeds and seed potatoes. We will restock for as long as we can but please be patient at this time.

Hope everyone is staying well.

6 Likes

All In One is open come and have guinness for St Patrick’s day

1 Like

Thai food? The lovely Matoom is open and will need our custom if eating in restaurants dries up. Menu on the website or pick one up at the restaurant. Order online or by phone. Pick up or free delivery.
https://www.matoom.co.uk/

3 Likes

Big shout out for Forest Hill Superstore. I couldn’t get anything in the supermarkets and they have a very well-stocked shop, normal prices and rationed toilet paper!

9 Likes

I love this place!!! They had vegan jerky, darkmilk Cadbury’s and my husbands face Camden Hells when I nipped in the other day! Awesome!!

2 Likes

I’ll second that , lovely staff , cannot do enough for you, it’s a gem of a shop !

2 Likes

Smallprint children’s bookshop is currently open and also active online. I’m offering free local delivery for those isolated. Enter Click and Collect at the checkout.

9 Likes

Seconded – Forest Hill Superstore has loads of interesting snacks, and the guys who work there are lovely. Really friendly, helpful and courteous.

2 Likes

Milan Superstore down by th BP garage is fantastic. Had loads in yesterday, including loo paper, tins, toys and plenty of cupboard basics.

2 Likes

The Proud Sow has tweeted that their supply lines are fully open and they are fully stocked. The guys in the shop look totally knackered and are working really hard to keep produce flowing.
Good job too as I popped into Sainsbury’s in Bell Green - no meat, no veg and no fruit (bar one or two items)…

3 Likes

I am worried for the Dartmouth Arms. Such a lovely local. The company own 4 pubs but I understand 2 are in a stronger position and the Dartmouth less so. Hopefully people can continue to support it.

2 Likes

I think this is going to be the way to go - most ‘stockpiling’ seems to being done in the larger supermarkets (though they now seem to be taking measures to stop that), whereas local stores that can be walked to mostly seem to have more in stock.

There must be a lot of very full chest freezers around!

1 Like