Tips for New Members
- How to get your profile “verified” (optional)
- How to get SE23.life on your smartphone home screen
- How to receive regular email summaries of interesting topics on SE23.life
Topics and Posts
- How to reply as a new linked topic (with optional quoting)
- How to reply to a topic by email
- How to post a wanted/offered listing (verified members only)
- How to share a tweet in a post
- How to flag off-topic posts
- How to mute a topic
- How to bookmark posts for future reference
Notifications / Emails
How do I delete my account?
There’s a “delete” option in user preferences that’s visible for 60 days after your first post. If you’re a more established member, contact me (reply to the welcome message) and depending on what you prefer, I can either “anonymise” your posts or delete them entirely.
How do I take part in Moderation or Administration?
The more you use this website, and the more positively your content is received, the more trust you are given by the website. This all happens automatically. As your trust level increases, additional features of the site are unlocked, including moderation features. At trust level 3, you will gain access to the “Lounge” category where we discuss the website’s management.
The most regular, positive contributors will be invited to join the moderation team.