Dartmouth Road Reconfiguration

Just took a walk up Dartmouth Rd , not having been around for a while, What a mess ?
How you managed to have a street party up there well.
Can see its work in progress, but its like an assault course to get any where ? By the Bird in Hand theres barriers all over the place.

If they have still to resurface the road as well , might be lucky if its open for the summer.
Feel sorry for the businesses that are still trying to earn a living.

Luckily new machinery means road resurfacing can now be done in a matter of hours.

And apparently being done overnight too…

Yeah road surfacing is unbelievably quick these days. They did Honor Oak Road in less than two days, and that included scraping off the top 10-15cms first, redoing all the speed bumps, re-painting all the lines. So impressive.

Indeed so. Really looking forward to a week of that racket :expressionless:

Yes I guess for local residents night work would be most annoying.
What I heard was second hand info so it may not come to pass…

I don’t see any reason that they would do the work overnight. They often do resurfacing on the South Circular overnight so that they don’t need to close the road. But when a road is closed, you can do it at any time of day (or night).

We had a letter through the door yesterday telling us we would be impacted from 8am today, although no evident mention of surfacing. Obviously nothing happened!